I have had several factors working against me lately, as far as eating good goes, and it is time for some changes. I recently stopped going to boot camp since my knees are in too much pain and my knee that had a torn ACL acts up too often. Also, I really wish the Easter Bunny would not have brought so many jelly beans to my house because I have been eating way too many of them. Then, my son has two baseball games a week and as soon as he gets off the bus, he puts on his uniform, quickly eats a snack, and we are out the door. Three hours later, everyone is starving and it is late, so we end up going through a drive thru. These drawbacks to my usual healthy eating habits have made me really started craving salads, good meals, and healthy snacks recipes.
Quinoa has a lot of great nutritional benefits and I wanted to try something new and yummy using this ingredient full of protein and fiber. I came across Cheesy Quinoa Bites at So Very Blessed and I am so glad I did because these will now become a staple at my house. My daughter and I loved them and they were very addictive. They tasted great alone, but I dipped mine in a light ranch dip with greek yogurt. I ate them for dinner, but they would also make a great snack or appetizer. I am looking forward to trying more recipes using quinoa, but in the meantime, I will be eating a lot more Cheesy Quinoa Bites.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 stalks green onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (20 worked well for me)