BRINED PORK ROAST is the most moist and tasty pork every!!! It takes time but it’s so simple to make and will always impress your family and friends!
I can’t get enough BBQ pork sandwiches!!! They are so amazing! I was recently out in Florida for a family reunion, celebrating a lot of birthdays in my family. For dinner one of the nights my Uncle Bo served up the best smoked pork you’ve ever tasted. So delicious and amazing!!! When I got back into town I wanted more but decided to try out something different. I decided on a Brined Pork Roast and it came out so moist and just fell off of the bone. I made a massive amount for a few reasons. 1. It’s just as much active cooking (time I have to be doing something) to make the 8 to 9 pound roast as it would be to make a 3 or 4 pound roast. 2. We went camping and I knew that I could easily freeze some and then take it with us to have an easy camp dinner, and 3. Why not?!?!?!
Let me tell you my husband LOVED these sandwiches and as soon as he tried a bite of the roast he instantly want to make other things like tacos. I love when leftovers can become another dish entirely, don’t you!!! I tossed some of the shredded meat in my Honey Barbecue Sauce and then topped it on a bun with my Summer Coleslaw! This is my favorite way to eat a barbecue sandwich but sliced onions and pickles are pretty darn good too! I know school is going to be here sooner than later so go ahead and stock up the freezer with some easy dinner options, like this Brined Pork Roast for those crazy busy back to school nights!
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 garlic bulb halved horizontally
- 32 oz. raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 8-9 lb. pork shoulder w/ bone
- BBQ Dry Rub
Optional for Serving
- Honey BBQ Sauce
- Summer Coleslaw
- Really good buns or rolls
- in a large stock pot combine all the brine ingredients and stir
- add in the pork shoulder and allow to sit in the refrigerator, covered, for 12 to 24 hours
- preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- remove the pork roast from the brine solution and pat dry
- rub a liberal amount of the BBQ dry rub all over the shoulder. Be sure that you are covering all sides and edges and massage the rub in.
- set in a roasting pan and cover with foil
- place in the oven and roast for 4 hours then remove the foil and continue to roast for another 2 hours, or until the pork roast reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- remove from the oven and cover with a foil tent.
- allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes
- remove foil and shred meat using 2 forks
My favorite way to eat it
- I mix some of the shredded meat with my Honey Barbecue Sauce and place it on a bun. Then I top it with my Summer Coleslaw and put the top bun on. Then I take a huge bite and say Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 🙂
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!