I love watching football with my husband. I first started to watch when I was younger and lived in Dallas. I got to go to a game with my Dad and watch the triplets (Troy Aikmen, Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith) play. So needless to say I’m a BIG Cowboys fan. If you’ve ever lived in Texas you know what it means to be a football fan. EVERYONE is a football fan there. I remember once in the early 90’s the grocery store pulling the Philadelphia Cream Cheese off the shelves before a must win for Dallas against the Philadelphia Eagles. With that being said I also really like football food. I love appetizers, getting to try lots of food and not being judged. It’s right up my alley. Dips are a must have during football season and there are endless possibilities, cold or warm, vegetable or meaty, sweet or savory, you just can’t go wrong!
This dip was so delicious with all sweetness of the roasted corn and the smokey bacon, plus, you add cheese to anything and it’s great, right?
- 2 T butter
- 2 c. corn kernels
- 1/2 c onion diced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 c Monterrey cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 c bacon crumbles
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- melt butter in a pan over med heat
- add corn and cook until starts to turn golden brown
- add onion and jalapeno and cook until onion softens
- add garlic and cook an additional 1 min
- in a bowl combine mayo and Greek yogurt with 1/2 c of cheddar and Monterrey cheeses
- add corn mixture and bacon to mayo and Greek yogurt
- add salt and pepper to taste
- spread evenly into a baking dish and top with remaining cheeses
- bake for 15-20 min or until cheese begins to bubble.
- serve with crackers and enjoy
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!