Fire up the grill, it’s time for some amazing Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops! Coated with a delicious apricot glaze, and grilled with sweet, juicy apricots, these bone-in chops will be your new favorite summer dinner!
If you haven’t already, its time to fire up your grill. We’re now in the heart of grilling season, which is probably my favorite time of year. Not only does grilling make your food taste amazing, it’s such a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table. These Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops are a delicious, quick and easy way to get dinner on the table in a snap, and capturing the delicious flavors of summer in the process!
When you pair pork with a delicious seasoning or glaze, its amazing on the grill! I paired my bone-in pork chops with a delicious, sweet apricot glaze. This glaze is super-simple to make, as it uses store-bought apricot jam, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
For a complimentary side, I picked up some fresh apricots at the farmers market. I sliced them in half, brushed with a bit of olive oil, and added them right to the top rack of the grill. If you haven’t grilled fruit before, you need to give it a try – it brings some seriously wonderful flavor, and makes for a pretty fantastic side to your pork as well! These need only 5-7 minutes cook time, so add these after you’ve started cooking your chops.
Getting your chops ready for the grill is simple, and takes just a few minutes. First, dry with some paper towels, and then lightly season with a bit of salt and pepper. Add the chops to a hot, preheated grill that is set at medium heat. Grill for 5 minutes on the first side, flip, and then brush with the apricot glaze. Grill for a minute or two, flip again, and brush with additional glaze. Flip and brush a couple more times to get a nicely sweet, fruity glaze. Within about 10 minute of being on the grill, the chops will be ready to enjoy!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops about 1 1/2 lbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. apricot jam
- 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 fresh apricots halved
- olive oil
- Preheat your gas grill on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, stir together the jam, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside. Prepare pork chops by patting dry with paper towels and lightly seasoning on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat of the grill to medium, and add the seasoned pork chops. Cook for about 5 minutes. Lightly brush the apricots with olive oil, and place on top rack (or place that is not near direct heat) of grill to cook for about 5-7 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the chops, and then brush with the glaze. Cook for one minute, flip again, and brush with more glaze. Continue this for about 5 minutes and until you've used all the glaze. Pork chops should cook for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove chops and apricots from grill and enjoy right away.
As you can see, these pork chops are pretty simple to make, and they’re done in about 20 minutes! Perfect dinner option for about any night of the week, and great to serve at your next back yard cookout or summer BBQ! Enjoy summer, everyone! ~Erin
If you liked this delicious, simple pork chop recipe, you’ll love these other recipes at Delightful E Made:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!