Fire up the grill, it’s time for some amazing Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops! Coated with a delicious apricot glaze, and grilled with sweet, juicy apricots, these bone-in chops will be your new favorite summer dinner!
If you haven’t already, its time to fire up your grill. We’re now in the heart of grilling season, which is probably my favorite time of year. Not only does grilling make your food taste amazing, it’s such a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table. These Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops are a delicious, quick and easy way to get dinner on the table in a snap, and capturing the delicious flavors of summer in the process!
When you pair pork with a delicious seasoning or glaze, its amazing on the grill! I paired my bone-in pork chops with a delicious, sweet apricot glaze. This glaze is super-simple to make, as it uses store-bought apricot jam, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
For a complimentary side, I picked up some fresh apricots at the farmers market. I sliced them in half, brushed with a bit of olive oil, and added them right to the top rack of the grill. If you haven’t grilled fruit before, you need to give it a try – it brings some seriously wonderful flavor, and makes for a pretty fantastic side to your pork as well! These need only 5-7 minutes cook time, so add these after you’ve started cooking your chops.
Getting your chops ready for the grill is simple, and takes just a few minutes. First, dry with some paper towels, and then lightly season with a bit of salt and pepper. Add the chops to a hot, preheated grill that is set at medium heat. Grill for 5 minutes on the first side, flip, and then brush with the apricot glaze. Grill for a minute or two, flip again, and brush with additional glaze. Flip and brush a couple more times to get a nicely sweet, fruity glaze. Within about 10 minute of being on the grill, the chops will be ready to enjoy!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- In a small bowl, stir together the jam, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat your gas grill on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare pork chops by patting dry with paper towels and lightly seasoning on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat of the grill to medium, and place the seasoned pork chops on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- While the pork chops are cooking, lightly brush the apricots with olive oil, and place on top rack of your grill. (or any area away from any direct heat) Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the chops, and then brush with the glaze. Cook for 1 minute, flip again and brush with more glaze. Continue flipping and glazing chops for about 5 minutes and until you've used all the glaze. Pork chops should cook for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove chops and apricots from grill to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
As you can see, these pork chops are pretty simple to make, and they’re done in about 20 minutes! Perfect dinner option for about any night of the week, and great to serve at your next back yard cookout or summer BBQ! Enjoy summer, everyone! ~Erin
If you liked this delicious, simple pork chop recipe, you’ll love these other recipes at Delightful E Made: