This PUMPKIN SAGE CROSTINI is the perfect holiday appetizer! It comes together quickly and is packed with the delicious flavors of pumpkin, sage, ricotta, and a touch of honey. Sure to satisfy all your guests!
So….who’s ready for more pumpkin?? I have to laugh because it sometimes seems like we’ve gone pumpkin crazy! Gone are the days of pumpkin pie, alone. These days, we pumpkin ALL the things!
But, for as much as we love our pumpkin, it seems that we mostly like to keep it sweet. In bread and muffins and cakes and tortes, in pumpkin spice lattes and pancakes and bars and cookies. As much as I enjoy pumpkin treats, I also really do like it in savory recipes….like this Pumpkin Sage Crostini!
It’s amazing what you can do with pumpkin by adding just a few simple ingredients. In this case, ricotta, sage, walnuts, pepper, and a touch of honey. The end result is a perfect blend of savory and sweet and the perfect topping for crostini. Best of all, it comes together quickly, which is a holiday must, and tastes amazing (another holiday must)!
- 1 baguette sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 c. walnuts chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage finely chopped
- honey for drizzling
- Toast baguette slices in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Combine pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly over toasted baguette.
- Top with toasted walnuts.
- Toast for an additional 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- Top with fresh sage and drizzle with honey.
You might also enjoy these holiday appetizers: