Savor all the cool, bright flavors of summer with a veggie-packed Corn Salad! It’s a perfectly refreshing side dish for every potluck.
Pops of sweet corn with the light crunch of summer vegetables, this delicious Corn Salad is incredibly easy to make and is ready to chill in the refrigerator in 15 minutes. Fresh corn kernels, mixed with tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, and onion get tossed in a seasoned olive oil dressing. Top all of that with feta and basil and it all comes together to make an amazing side dish all your guests will love!
You Know It’s Summer When…
When I walk into the grocery store or a farmers market and I see the first displays of heaps of fresh corn on the cob, I know Summer has started. That’s when I buy all the corn I can and head off to get a new propane tank because I’m ready to start grilling! I love pulling out all 500 of my corn recipes but this Corn Salad is my favorite and one of the most requested dishes I make. There’s nothing we don’t love about it! The sweet corn, and crisp, water-filled veggies that are so refreshing with a savory vinaigrette, topped with Feta and basil all just make a fantastic side to the burgers and ribs we grill. On a hot day, this cooling Corn Salad is re-energizing and can keep the potluck fun going even longer! I love growing vegetables and herbs too, so being able to toss in some homegrown tomatoes, basil, and cucumbers makes this dish extra special.
Other Recipes to Serve with Corn Salad
- Do you love the idea of a smoky, grilled side to share with friends? This Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad is filling and has all of the flavors you’re craving!
- Keep enjoying all the summer corn with a big helping of Skinny Mexican Street Corn! Full of sweet corn and a mildly spicy, creamy sauce, this is one addictive side dish!
Pantry items: You will need olive oil, vinegar, and sugar.
Produce: You will need corn, a red and green bell pepper, grape tomatoes, an English cucumber, and a red onion. Although optional, basil really brings a lot to this dish but if you don’t care for it you can skip it.
Cheese: For this recipe, you will need Feta cheese. You can buy in a block and crumble yourself or buy already crumbled.
Seasoning: All you need are salt and pepper.
How to Make Corn Salad
STEP ONE: To start, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
STEP TWO: Using a large bowl, mix the corn, bell peppers, grape tomatoes, English cucumber, and red onion.
STEP THREE: Drizzle the olive oil dressing over the salad and stir well. Top the Corn Salad with the Feta cheese and basil and allow the salad to cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours for the best flavor.
Tips for Success
- If you have the time, try grilling your corn cobs ahead of time to add a wonderful smoky flavor to your Corn Salad! Simply grill the corn, with or without the husks. Once cool, cut the kernels from the cob and follow the recipe.
- When you’re craving this salad but fresh corn cobs are not in season yet, you can use a bag of frozen corn. Thaw the corn ahead of time and drain it, so there’s no extra moisture in your salad, and use the thawed corn in place of the fresh corn.
- Corn Salad will last for three days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, and because it needs time to marinate, it’s a great make-ahead dish that you can whip out at the BBQ when everything else is done cooking.
How do I easily cut corn from a cob?
One of the best ways to cut corn kernels from a cob is to use a Bundt pan or a cake pan. Stand the corn cob up in the middle of the pan and hold the top tip of the cob while slicing the kernels off in a downward motion. As the kernels come off, the Bundt pan or cake pan will catch the kernels, instead of having them bounce right off of your counters and onto the floor. You can then just empty the pan full of kernels into your Corn Salad bowl, it’s that easy!
Can I make this dairy free?
Yes, you can skip the Feta cheese and make this Corn Salad a vegan dish. If you’re looking for a creamy alternative you could substitute avocado, cut into small chunks, for a wonderful addition.
So much more corn to enjoy!
- Parmesan Cilantro Corn
- Mexican Street Corn
- Blue Cheese Corn Salad
- Smoky Chipotle Corn Dip
- Southern Fried Corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups corn
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 pints grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 English cucumber diced
- 1/2 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Fresh basil thinly sliced (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the corn, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Top with feta and basil.
- Place in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours for best flavor; stir once more before serving. (You can serve this salad right away if needed.)
Leave a Reply