This Apple Pie Stuffed French Toast is everything a fall breakfast should be! Loaded with apples and cinnamon in every bite, it’s like having a slice of pie for breakfast!
Breakfast is my jam. I could, and would, eat it every meal of the day. Now, I know sometimes I need to eat things other than pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Street tacos rank up there pretty high on my list of favorites. But breakfast has my whole heart.
APPLE PIE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST!
Love it? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Lucky for me, the kids are on my side. Especially Stella. Other than lasagna, there is basically nothing she actually likes to eat that isn’t a breakfast food. Yogurt and fruit, pancakes, waffles, crepes, and french toast pretty much cover her list of foods. She’s been eating smoothie bowls at least once a day and covers everything else in apple jam.
This fall we have been making apple jam nearly every Sunday. It is much easier to make than apple jelly, and we have been spreading it on all the things. Last weekend we stuffed it into our french toast, we were in breakfast heaven. and then made it again for lunch.
French toast is always delicious, but when you add cream cheese and apple jam and then top it with some fresh whipped cream and cinnamon…it is simply amazing.
No apple jam, no worries. Try apple butter or apple jelly. We made it both with the cream cheese and without. Both are good but the cream cheese puts this french toast over the top.
Serve the french toast topped with powdered sugar, maple syrup, or whipped cream and cinnamon. You know it’s going to be a good day when you get to have dessert for breakfast.
- heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter
- spread 4 slices of bread with cream cheese
- spread 4 sliced of bread with jam
- sandwich bread together
- whisk the egg, with milk, cinnamon,and vanilla
- dip each sandwich in egg mixture, coating both sides
- place 2 sandwiches on griddle or skillet
- cook until golden (3-4 minutes)
- flip and continue to cook until the egg is cooked through and your french toast is golden on both sides
- repeat with the two remaining sandwiches
- cut sandwiches in half, and then top with powdered sugar, whipped cream, cinnamon, or maple syrup
Leave a Reply