Let me just tell you why I love this Tilapia Parmesan.
During Lent I try to remember to not eat meat, and stick to Fish Fridays instead. The biggest problem I have remembering isn’t that I forget to eat fish on Fridays but I forget it IS Friday! That’s part of the idea of Lent, clearing away the clutter both physical and emotional so that the things that do matter have room in our lives. That’s something I can get behind. So, when I forget that it’s Friday, instead of being bummed that I messed up my Lent, I take it as a reminder or a lesson that I’ve let my day or my life get too cluttered and I need to slow down, clear out some of the life “clutter” and appreciate the important things, and Tilapia Parmesan helps me do just that!
I can have Tialapia Paremsan on the table in 15 minutes, freeing up valuable evening time with my family. It tastes pretty awesome too! Tilapia Parmesan is a delicious go to meal here in my house. I’ll admit that I’m not a huge fish fan. I do like seafood but for some reason I haven’t been able to appreciate the flavor of fish. Tilapia, on the other hand, has such a mild flavor that I can get on board. Tilapia Parmesan is the perfect fish Friday dinner! The outside of the tilapia is light and crisp and the inside is flaky. Then you top it off with marinara sauce and lots and lots of cheese and you’ve got a great comfort meal the entire family will love!
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Parmesan grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- cooked favorite pasta to serve on the side
- melt coconut oil over med to med high heat in a large skillet
- in a shallow dish (like a pie plate) combine the bread crumbs, flour, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- in a separate bowl beat 2 eggs
- dip the fish fillets into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture
- flip to coat both sides with the bread crumbs, pressing the fish down gently
- remove and set on a plate
- repeat with remaining fish
- place all the fish into the skillet at once
- cook on each side for 3-5 min or until the crust is golden brown
- spoon 2-3 tbsp of marinara sauce on the top of the cooked fish and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- remove from heat and cover with a lid to melt the cheese
- serve over top of your favorite pasta and enjoy!