Baked in the oven, these BERRY FRENCH TOAST CUPS make brunch entertaining a breeze!
I think I have mentioned it here before that I am a HUGE fan of breakfast and brunch. Nothing against a great roast chicken or grilled salmon tacos, but I could eat breakfast for every meal.
I make my fair share of pancakes (especially these parfait pancakes…YUM) and waffles, but until recently, french toast didn’t get eaten very often. Then one weekend I made creme brulee french toast. Not only is it baked in the oven meaning I don’t have to stand over a hot skillet all morning long, but it reminded us all how much we love french toast.
Real Housemoms TV
As much as we love our pancakes, french toast has taken over the top breakfast spot in the Kinnaird house. French toast casseroles are great because they get prepped ahead of time and baked. I don’t love standing at the stove on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I want to sit and enjoy my coffee like everyone else.
But I don’t always remember to get it ready the night before. These french toast cups can be ready for the oven in just minutes, and then they bake away. No more standing over the skillet, and everyone gets their french toast at the same time.
We love our french toast cups filled with fresh berries, but they would also be delicious with cinnamon apples, or even some yogurt.
- 8 - 12 slices of sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- using a rolling pin, flatten bread slices as thin as possible without breaking
- whisk together the egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk
- dip each bread slice in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides (do not soak) and remove any excess egg
- carefully press each slice of bread into the muffin tins (forming the cup)
- repeat with remaining bread
- bake @350 degrees for 15 minutes (until golden and egg is cooked through)
- cool in pans 2 minutes, then remove cups
- fill with fruit and dust with powdered sugar
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!