PUMPKIN OATMEAL BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING are out of this world yummy! The recipe is so simple and they’re done in less than an hour!
I love baking all things pumpkin in the fall! Let’s be honest! I love EATING all things pumpkin in the fall but I love when it’s in the oven and my house starts to smell like amazing pumpkin goodness. What is it that makes pumpkin goodies taste so good? I think it’s more than just the pumpkin. It’s the warm spices that we use to season the dishes. That’s what I smell when I’m smelling the goodness that’s baking in my oven that I’m calling Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting!
These were so simple to make. I didn’t have to use the stand mixer and it all came together so fast and easy. This would be a great recipe to make with the kids. I just stirred it all together with a wooden spoon. Then I poured it into a baking dish and tossed it in the oven. Actually, if we’re still being honest it was more like I placed it gently into the oven. OK. Now that I cleared the air we can move forward and enjoy these Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting guilt free. 🙂
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- in a large mixing bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
- in a small bowl whisk together vanilla, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup milk, egg, molasses
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined
- grease an 8x8 baking pan
- pour batter into baking pan and spread into even layer
- bake for 20-30 min or until toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean
- allow to cool then frost withBest Cream Cheese Frosting