I love weekends and all the family time that comes along with them! The weeks get so busy with school, homework, sports for both kids, and the day to day routines. Saturdays get busy too with early morning sports and lately two sports in one day. My son just ended his basketball season, but he had a morning game and then an afternoon baseball practice. Now that basketball is over, our Saturdays will be filled with baseball practices or games and I absolutely love it. I love watching my kids in their sports, cheering for them, and photographing them in action. We are busy, but it is always an incredibly fun and exciting busy! Sunday is the only day I do not set an alarm and it is so nice to snuggle, relax, and enjoy the morning. Then I like to make a big breakfast for my family and sit down together to eat, talk, and laugh! This weekend, my husband was out of town and my parents were here visiting, so my mom and I made a delicious Sausage Hash Brown Casserole that I found in an old Taste of Home magazine. There was a similar flavor to Grandma’s Potatoes, but the added sausage made it a complete breakfast with added protein. Everyone loved it! We have some leftovers, so I am already thinking about eating it again tomorrow.
- 24 oz. Reduced Fat pork sausage 2 12oz packages
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz container light sour cream
- 8 oz container french onion dip
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 30 oz package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and drain on paper towels
- In a large bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese and the next seven ingredients
- Fold in the hash brown potatoes
- Spray some PAM Spray on the bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan
- Spread half of the hash brown mixture into the 9x13 pan
- Top with sausage and remaining hash brown mixture
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes
- Uncover and cook for an additional 10-20 minutes until heated through (I did 20)
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!