I like having some sort of protein at breakfast. I feel like I stay full longer and I tend to stay on track with my eating the rest of the day when I do.
I’m also very busy in the mornings so if breakfast takes too long or seems like a lot of work (or any) I’ll tend to skip it. For that reason I usually have a bunch of boiled eggs in my fridge to grab in the morning. Sometimes you just can’t eat the same breakfast all. the. time!
This weekend I had inspiration hit! It was the way that so many artists have talked about receiving inspiration, like a bolt of lightning, except I created egg cups instead of musical compositions.
Real Housemoms TV
These Cheesy Sausage, Egg & Hash Brown Cups are so good, and super crazy easy to make! I think I’ll be keeping a batch of these in the fridge now along side my boiled eggs for breakfast!
Some more of my favorite brunch options!
- Eggs in a Basket
- How to Cook Bacon Perfectly in the Oven Every Time
- Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
- Home Fries
- Overnight Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- More breakfast recipes…
- 1 1/2 c frozen hash browns
- 1/2 c onion diced
- 1/2 c cooked breakfast sausage crumbles
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 eggs beaten
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp pepper
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray
- place 2 tbsp of hash browns into each cup and spray generously with more cooking spray
- place in oven for 10 min then remove and using a cup that fits into the muffin tin press the hash browns down. They will flatten and spread up the sides.
- place back in the oven for another 10 min
- beat the 12 eggs in a medium mixing bowl until they start to turn fluffy
- add salt and pepper and whisk some more
- remove the hash browns from the oven and place a layer of onion in each then a layer of sausage and a layer of cheese
- pour the egg over top to cover ingredients
- place back in the oven and cook another 15 min or until egg is set
- remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 1-2 min
- run a knife around the edge of each cup and scoop out
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!