Easy and healthy Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls are full of fresh veggies and bold Tex-Mex flavors the whole family will love!
SWEET POTATO BURRITO BOWLS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pin board
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest!
Recently it seems like we are busier than ever, even on the weekends. I just can’t keep up! Easy breezy meals that are super yummy but don’t require a lot of time or effort are a must these days. Burrito bowls are one of my very favorite go-to meals for busy weeknights AND for special occasions. They’re like a good pair of boots – you can dress them up or dress them down. And the best part? They’re really quick and easy to make.
I usually go with chicken or steak but recently we tried burrito bowls with chili lime seasoned sweet potatoes and absolutely loved them! The sweet potatoes are tender and well-seasoned, plus they’re a little crisp on the outside and really tender in the middle which in my opinion, is the perfect texture for sweet potatoes when you’re using them in place of a traditional protein. Pair those sweet potatoes with corn salsa, black beans, rice, and some guacamole and these make the most delicious 30-minute meal. Your whole family (even the meat lovers) will go crazy for these tasty burrito bowls!!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup store-bought or homemade guacamole
- 4 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup sweet yellow corn
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- 2 cups steamed white rice
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with oil, then add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cumin, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well. Transfer to a skillet and saute over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until easily pierced with a fork.
- Stir together all ingredients for the corn salsa.
- Assemble burrito bowls by placing tortillas in the bottom of four bowls. Add rice, black beans, corn salsa, sweet potatoes, and guacamole. Serve immediately.