Ginger Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are a 15-minute appetizer or entrée your family is sure to love!
After P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps blew onto the scene, other lettuce wraps have also been super popular. Instead of going with ground chicken, I decided to create a version using chopped shrimp, almost like a deconstructed pot sticker. The result was amazing! In fact, I made these ginger shrimp lettuce wraps several more times in the same week and commonly make them to take to work for lunch.
GINGER SHRIMP LETTUCE WRAPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Ginger Shrimp Lettuce Wraps can be served as a traditional make-your-own-wrap or chop up the lettuce and make them into a salad. I find this option easier for work because the sherry and sesame oil can make your fingers a little pink and it is impossible to eat any lettuce wrap without a little bit of mess.
This recipe also uses both sherry and sherry vinegar, which are different, so don’t use for both. Sherry is a fortified wine made from white grapes, although it takes on a light brown hue. You can find the cooking version (little to no alcohol) in the oil and vinegar aisle. Sherry vinegar also comes from the white grapes in the Sherry region of Spain but is mixed with vinegar. It can also be used in salad dressings and any recipe that calls for a red wine vinegar. Similarly, you can substitute red wine vinegar for sherry vinegar if you don’t want to purchase it, but I highly recommend springing for the actual sherry to get the right flavor profile.
Since each set of ingredients is vastly different and not combined until right before consuming, there is a sympathy of flavor and texture in each crispy and tangy bite. You’ll be able to distinguish each ingredient while enjoying them all together.
And if your family enjoys Ginger Shrimp Lettuce Wraps as much as ours, then they will also love my easy Shrimp Salad Avocados or Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip!
Want more shrimp recipes?
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Greek Shrimp Pasta
- Basil Lime Shrimp Skewers
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Tacos
- More appetizer recipes…
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Ginger Shrimp Lettuce Wraps recipe
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
Ramekins: These little bowls are great for serving condiments and dipping sauces with any dish.
- ½ pound shrimp deveined and cut into small, bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup water chestnuts minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic grated or finely minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons carrots grated or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions cut at an angle
- 12 Butter lettuce leaves*
- Crispy Chow Mein Noodles or rice noodles
- Start by making the shrimp. Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet until nearly smoking. Add chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, fine sea salt and smoked paprika, cook for 2 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Add sherry, ginger and garlic. Continue to cook until shrimp are fully cooked and opaque, approximately an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small container or bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the Vinaigrette, set aside.
- To serve, place all garnishes in their own bowl, as well as the vinaigrette and shrimp mix. Place all ingredients into a Bibb or Butter lettuce leaf and enjoy!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!