These easy BOURBON CARAMEL DONUTS are a sweet treat that everyone will love!
These donuts are so light and airy and coated with a sweet bourbon caramel glaze. But the best part is, you only need four ingredients to make them.
My ten year old doesn’t like donuts. I mean he REALLY doesn’t like donuts. He gags and avoids them at all costs. It’s kind of funny, actually. I often wondered how he could even be my kid!
Real Housemoms TV
To be fair, he doesn’t eat a lot of sweet things. He even skips the cake at birthday parties. Salty treats are more his thing. There are a few sweet things that he loves, though, like my Snickers Poke Cake and my No Bake Butterfinger Pie.
So, when I was making these donuts, I didn’t expect to get help in the kitchen. In fact, he came nosing around that day, asking what I was making. When I told him it was donuts, he replied “Ewww!” and left.
But a few minutes later, he came back. I think he was interested in the process, rather than the end product.
Since I love to have him cooking with me in the kitchen, I put him to work cutting out the holes in the donuts.
Let me tell you how incredibly easy these donuts are to make. You only need four ingredients – none of which are yeast! This is my kind of treat, because frankly, yeast scares the socks off of me!
The secret to these light and airy donuts is….are you sitting down for this one? Canned biscuits! Yep, I popped open a can of Southern style grand biscuits and turned them into sweet, golden donuts.
My son was in charge of cutting the holes in the center using a small round cookie cutter. It was the perfect job for him.
While I was frying the donuts, I also had him whip up the glaze. There were only three ingredients – confectioner’s sugar, milk and bourbon caramel flavored syrup.
I used Torani Bourbon Caramel flavored syrup. I love Torani’s syrups – I’ve used them in beverages, salad dressings and so many other recipes. It added a great layer of flavor to these donuts.
They are an easy treat that take less than 20 minutes to make.
- 16.3 ounce refrigerated biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands)
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Caramel Bourbon flavored syrup
- Heat 2 inches peanut oil in a large pot or Dutch oven to 350 degrees (using a candy thermometer).
- Lay the biscuits on a cutting board and, using a 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out a hole from the center of each biscuit.
- Fry the donuts until they are golden brown on the bottom, then flip them with tongs and continue to fry until browned on the other side.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, milk and caramel bourbon syrup in a small bowl to form a glaze.
- Once the donuts have cooled slightly, dip each one in the glaze; add sprinkles or chopped nuts.
- Place the glazed donuts on a wire rack and allow the glaze to set.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!