Do you love a quick muffin in the morning? Well, these muffins have it all for you, a complete yummy breakfast all wrapped up in a little package. Bacon, cheese, and eggs brings you to the savory side for a muffin for breakfast. Grab a Bacon Cheese Breakfast Muffin on the go and you have a delicious filling breakfast that will have you and your family wanting another!
I almost always make a sweet muffin but this was so nice to be changed up to savory. Crack this muffin open and slather in some butter, you will be in heaven.
I popped these into the freezer so I can heat them up in the morning. A quick wrap in foil and pop into my toaster oven while I get ready and I have an amazing breakfast on the run!
A big basket of these served up for brunch would be a great crowd-pleaser. Muffins are easy to make and add a nice addition to any brunch menu. They would work well on a picnic also, they are perfectly portable! Whip some up and enjoy one or two today!!
- 6 strips bacon cooked until crisp and cut into bites, 1 Tbsp. reserved
- ⅔ cup sharp cheddar cheese plus 2 Tbsp. for topping
- ⅓ cup sliced havarti diced
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- Mix together the 2 Tbsp. cheddar cheese and the 1 Tbsp. bacon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, chives, baking powder, pepper and salt, stir in remaining bacon and cheese.
- Whisk together milk, melted butter, sour cream, and eggs. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir together until just mixed and pour into paper-lined muffin pan. Top each muffin with the reserved bacon and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 min. until tops are golden and muffins are firm to touch or a cake tester comes out clean. Use immediately or freezes well for up to one month. Reheat before serving.