Do you love a quick muffin in the morning? Well these muffins have it all for you, a complete yummy breakfast all wrapped up in a little package. Bacon, cheese and eggs brings you to the savory side for a muffin for breakfast. Grab a Bacon Cheese Breakfast Muffin on the go and you have a delicious filling breakfast that will have you and your family wanting another!
I almost always make a sweet muffin but this was so nice to be changed up to savory. Crack this muffin open and slather in some butter, you will be in heaven.
Real Housemoms TV
I popped these into the freezer so I can heat them up in the morning. A quick wrap in foil and a pop into my toaster oven while I get ready and I have an amazing breakfast on the run!
A big basket of these served up for brunch would be a great crowd pleaser. Muffins are easy to make and add a nice addition to any brunch menu. They would work well on a picnic also, they are perfectly portable! Whip some up and enjoy one or two today!!
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Breakfast pin board!
- 6 strips bacon cooked until crisp and cut into bites, 1 Tbsp. reserved
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese plus 2 Tbsp. for topping
- 1/3 cup sliced havarti diced
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- Mix together the 2 Tbsp. cheddar cheese and the 1 Tbsp. bacon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, chives, baking powder, pepper and salt, stir in remaining bacon and cheese.
- Whisk together milk, melted butter, sour cream, and eggs. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir together until just mixed and pour into paper-lined muffin pan. Top each muffin with the reserved bacon and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 min. until tops are golden and muffins are firm to touch or a cake tester comes out clean. Use immediately or freezes well for up to one month. Reheat before serving.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!