This double layer Brownie Bottom Cheesecake combines two of your all-time favorite desserts into one ultimate indulgence!
Rich and fudgy on the bottom and decadently creamy on top, this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake checks all the right boxes! Made with your favorite boxed brownie mix and topped with a super simple homemade cheesecake recipe, this delicious duo will disappear almost as soon as you slice it.
WHY CHOOSE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL?
There are thousands of dessert options out there, but why pick just one when you can combine the best two? The best part is how easy it is to make this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake using brownie mix; the hardest part is waiting for it to bake and set!
If chocolate and cheesecake are a combo you can’t live without, then you need to try these Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bars or this No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BROWNIE BOTTOM CHEESECAKE
- Homemade Cool Whip – If you’ve never made your own cool whip, then you are missing out big time!
- White Chocolate Mocha Latte – Move from one dessert indulgence to the next and treat yourself to this amazing latte!
- Salted Caramel Cashew No Churn Ice Cream – A scoop of this ice cream with your Brownie Bottom Cheesecake gives off major chocolate caramel turtle vibes!
Brownie Mix: For this recipe, you will want to use a box of your favorite brownie mix. Make sure to have all the ingredients it lists on the box to prepare the brownies.
Cheesecake: The make the cheesecake layer you will need softened cream cheese, whipped cream, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
Garnish: I like to drizzle chocolate sauce over my Brownie Bottom Cheesecake, but caramel is also delicious!
HOW TO MAKE A BROWNIE BOTTOM CHEESECAKE
STEP ONE: Grease an 8 or 9-inch springform pan with butter or non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 320 degrees F. Next, mix the brownie batter as directed on the packaging and pour it into the greased springform pan.
STEP TWO: Bake the brownies for 30-40 minutes or as directed on the package instructions. The brownies are done when they pass the clean toothpick test. When your brownies are finished baking, take them out of the oven.
STEP THREE: Now, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, whipped cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix together the ingredients until they are smooth. Next, stir in the eggs and mix until combined.
STEP FOUR: Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top of the baked brownie base. Bake the cheesecake in the oven for 50 minutes. The cheesecake should be firm and just slightly jiggly in the middle once the cooking time is up.
STEP FIVE: Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in there with the door cracked for 1 hour. After an hour, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to sit until it reaches room temperature. Place the room temperature Brownie Bottom Cheesecake into the fridge for at least 3 hours to set. Once finished, slice and serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- For easiest removal, I recommend lining the bottom of your springform pan with some parchment paper. Simply use the pan to trace a circle on the paper and trim the edges for the perfect fit.
- Be mindful of the bake time for the brownie mix you decide to use as recipe directions will vary by brand.
- The baked brownie does not need to cool prior to pouring the cheesecake mixture on top of it.
HOW TO STORE BROWNIE BOTTOM CHEESECAKE
Any leftover cheesecake should be stored in the refrigerator to keep it from spoiling. The best way to store a cheesecake is to make it as airtight as possible. You can store it in an airtight container if you have one that is the right size, or you can cover it with plastic wrap or foil. For best results, I will usually wrap the whole leftover cheesecake in plastic wrap to ensure no air can get to it. Leftovers should last in the fridge for about 3 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE BROWNIE BOTTOM CHEESECAKE?
You can freeze brownies and you can freeze cheesecake, so by default you can freeze this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake! My suggestion is to tightly wrap (or even double wrap) the portion you are freezing in plastic wrap. Then place the wrapped cheesecake into a freezer bag to keep it extra airtight. If frozen correctly, this cheesecake should last a couple of months in the freezer.
OTHER DELECTABLE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- Fresh Peach No Bake Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Chocolate sauce for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray or butter. (see note)
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the brownie from the oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, whipped cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix everything together until it's smooth
- Stir in the eggs and spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the baked brownie. You don't need to let the brownie cool down before topping it with the cheesecake.
- Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes, or until it is firm and only slightly jiggly in the middle
- Let the cheesecake cool down in the oven for 1 hour, with the oven door open a crack. (This will help prevent the cheesecake from cracking.)
- Remove your cheesecake from the oven, let cool down to room temperature, and then put it into the fridge for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Cut into 12 slices and drizzle chocolate sauce over each slice once plated, if desired.
- To be able to remove the cake later from the bottom part, I recommend adding some parchment paper to the bottom. Just place baking paper on top of the spring pan bottom, add the ring and cut away the remaining paper from the sides.
- Baking time will depend on your brownie mix. Follow the instructions on the package and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Leave a Reply