Summer may be winding down, but there is still plenty of time to enjoy this easy SALTED CARAMEL CASHEW NO-CHURN ICE CREAM!
If you make any homemade no-churn ice cream recipe this year, let it be Salted Caramel Cashew No-Churn Ice Cream. This recipe has only a few ingredients. You do not need an ice cream maker to make it. Therefore, Anyone with an electric mixer (or a really strong arm) can make this ice cream! It mixes together in minutes and the hardest part is waiting for it to freeze, I promise!
Have you jumped on the no-churn ice cream bandwagon yet? Last year, I did some research on no-churn ice cream recipes. I was seeing them all over Pinterst and was anxious to give one a try. I found the recipes that just called for heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk for the ice cream base were just a little too rich for my liking. So, after a little experimentation, I found the right formula. By adding just a little whole milk to the recipe, it cut the richness but still left it creamy. This Salted Caramel Cashew No-Churn Ice Cream is made with a little whole milk too. But no worries, it’s still a nice a creamy ice cream even with the addition of milk. If you don’t mind a really rich experience, you can just leave the milk out when you make it.
I still love the very first no-churn ice cream I made last year: rich and creamy Caramel Macchiato No-Churn Ice Cream. It was love at first taste and I was shocked at how easy it was to make! This year, I wanted a to make a different flavor, and so, Salted Caramel Cashew was born. Since this recipe only calls for a half of a can of sweetened condensed milk, I was left with some extra product. However, I am not one who likes to waste. I used the other half of the sweetened condensed milk to make a wonderful Michigan Cherry Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream too! That is the beauty of no-churn ice cream recipes…they are so easy, you can make a variety of flavors in one afternoon! Think of all the flavor possibilities!
Will you be giving this easy no-churn ice cream recipe a try? What other flavor combinations will you make?
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 of a 14oz.can sweetened condensed milk about 7 oz.
- 1/4 cup whole milk*
- 2 tsp.pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup prepared caramel sauce mixed with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashew pieces
- In med bowl, with an electric mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff. Set aside.
- In large bowl, with a whisk, combine the sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp. kosher salt.
- Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture to form a thick ice cream base.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan or other long vessel for freezing.
- Drizzle salted caramel over the ice cream base.
- Sprinkle top of ice cream base with cashews. With a butter-knife, swirl the mixture to mix.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- To serve, let sit out for a few minutes to soften before scooping. Enjoy!
More no-churn ice cream recipes to make!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!