When I think about what to serve when I have friends over to watch football it usually centers around snacks. I can’t get too fancy with the appetizers, either. They have to be something guy approved. Once playoffs start and then we hit the Super Bowl it’s all about classic, time tested snacks for the big games. I will always mix in a couple of new appetizers to try but there are some that are staples. (I always make way too much, sort of like Football Thanksgiving!) This dip is the perfect macho dip to serve for watching all the great games this year. Queso dip isn’t new but I love this recipe. How could you get better than dumping three ingredients into a crock pot (one of them being cheese) and then eating them with a chip?
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 15 oz canned Chili, No Beans
- 10 oz Diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- pour all ingredients into a slow cooker and set to warm
- stir to combine as the cheese melts
- pour ingredients into a med sauce pan and place on med heat
- stir occasionally as it melts