When I made STRAWBERRY CAKE FROM SCRATCH it was gone in a day! I took it to a friends house and everyone had seconds! No red food dye here, just awesome fresh strawberry flavor!
A few weeks ago I wanted to come up with a dessert with a red, white and blue theme. I wanted a cake that would be perfect for Memorial Day or Fourth of July. I decided on a Strawberry Cake from Scratch with white frosting and blueberries on top. I absolutely love fresh fruit on cakes, especially in the summer! I was hoping that the pureed strawberries would be enough to give the cake that nice pink color at least. I was wrong. I could have added red food dye but one of my son’s friends has an allergy to red food dye and I know that there are a number of you that don’t care for it either, so it was left out. If you want a darker red cake feel free to add red dye in when the batter is mixed together.
Let me tell you this strawberry cake from scratch was the most popular cake I’ve made in a long time! I took it to a friend’s house and everyone went back for seconds or in my husband’s case thirds! It was a good sized cake and was gone the next day! Nuts!! I really loved this cake and will absolutely be making it again this summer a few times! I love the way the fresh blueberries tasted on top but you could use any berry that you love, just make sure that they’re fresh!
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- in a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside
- in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- add eggs one at a time
- add in strawberry puree, vanilla extract and almond extract
- alternate adding flour mixture and milk into the butter mixture until just combined
- remove bowl from mixer and using a spoon add in the strawberry slices
- lightly grease a 13x9 inch pan
- pour batter into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- allow to cool completely
- frost with Best Cream Cheese Frosting
- top with fresh blueberries
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!