APPLE PIE STUFFED MONKEY BREAD takes a delicious breakfast and steps it up a notch! You family will love waking up to the delicious cinnamon sugar goodness of this easy recipe!
My youngest came down while my husband and I were making apple pie stuffed monkey bread. He asked what it was and we told him monkey brains. He was pretty taken aback. We told him that it’s good for your brain and that we used to feed it to him all the time when he was younger and that’s why he loves bananas. He didn’t quite know how to respond. Were we kidding? Were we serious and which of these options was worse? There was a lot of staring on his part trying to read any cracks in our face. He couldn’t find any though because as our children have grown older and we have more practice parenting we’ve learned how to really mess with our children. That’s our secret to deal with having to repeat ourselves a million times.
We did eventually let him know that it was in fact apple pie filling and biscuit dough but I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to get him to try monkey bread. That’s a shame really because it’s truly amazing and now my husband and I will have to eat his share. How ever will we cope?!?!?!
This recipe is so super simple and I’m absolutely adding it to my Thanksgiving breakfast menu! How better to start the day of binge, than with apple pie stuffed monkey bread? I can’t think of anything that could top it!
- 2 cans of biscuits 8 biscuits each
- 21 oz. can apple pie filling chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- spray a fluted bundt pan with cooking spray
- separate biscuits and cut each into quarters
- flatten each quarter and place a piece of apple in the center
- wrap up the sides of the biscuit and seal in the apple piece
- continue with remaining pieces of biscuit and apple
- pour granulated sugar and cinnamon into a zip top baggie and mix
- place several biscuit/apple bundles into the bag and shake to coat in cinnamon sugar
- place coated biscuit pieces into the bundt pan and arrange in even layers around the pan, filling it
- in a medium mixing bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar
- pour over the top of the biscuit pieces in the pan
- place in oven and bake for 28-30
- allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes
- place a plate upside down over the top of the cake plate and flip right side up
- remove the pan and enjoy!