Ultimate Turtle Brownies fudgy brownies with 2 kinds of caramel sauce and pecans! This is the ultimate and it’s such an easy dessert recipe!
In January my husband and I decided to tighten the reigns on our eating after the craziness of the holidays. We cut out sugar, grains, dairy and alcohol, so we ate a lot of veggies, fruit and meat. It wasn’t easy but we felt so much better after we did. The hardest part was scrolling Facebook and seeing all my blog friends’ amazing food dishes. I became fixated on brownies. That was all I could think about. I started to dream about a brownie dripping in caramel sauce. I was snacking a lot on pecans during all this and then I just wanted those pecans on top of a brownie covered in caramel sauce. So as soon as I could I made these Ultimate Turtle Brownies.
I used the basic recipe for my Chewy Brownie Bites and turned them into these dreamy, fudgy brownies. They were so good my husband and I couldn’t stop taking just a bit more and a bit more. I finally had to get them out of my house so my friends received a delivery of Ultimate Turtle Brownies. I call them ultimate because I doubled down on the caramel sauce. I sort of marbled the brownie batter with homemade caramel sauce and then baked them off. This made them even more fudgy thant they already are and even added a bit of chew to them, especially the edges! Then when they came out of the oven I drizzled them with some caramel sauce I had from the store and got that ooey, gooey drip of the caramel on top of the pecans and brownies.
Real Housemoms TV
Ultimate Turtle Brownies are what dreams are made of! My husband was the brownie delivery man for our friends and I got a message on Facebook shortly after that they were so good she wasn’t sharing with her husband. I don’t blame her! These brownies are amazing!!!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- line a 13x9 baking pan with foil making sure it hangs over the edges
- spray with cooking spray
- place chocolate and 3/4 cup butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl
- microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate and butter are melted
- stir in the granulate sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar
- add in eggs and vanilla extract
- sift in the cocoa powder, salt and flour, then stir until combined
- pour batter into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Set aside
- melt remaining butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat
- once melted add in heavy whipping cream and bring to a boil
- sauce should come to a rolling boil for a 1-2 minutes remove from the heat and allow to cool long enough to stop boil and become still
- pour over the top of the brownie batter and using a knife swirl around the caramel sauce into the brownie batter. Don't stir just swirl.
- top with pecan halves and place in the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
- remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
- cut into squares to serve
- warm the caramel sauce in the microwave until is will pour easily
- drizzle over the top of the brownies when ready to serve
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!