These delicious Puff Pastry Caprese Cups will be an instant hit at any party!
Caprese Salads are one of my very favorite recipes for Summer. The bright flavors of the cherry tomatoes, fresh whole milk mozzarella, balsamic, and basil come together for the perfect meal or side dish. But what about an appetizer?? These delicious (AND EASY!) Puff Pastry Caprese Cups are the perfect appetizer to whip up for any BBQ or get together this Summer, they’ll be an instant hit at any party!
To bring even more flavor to this favorite combo, I added crispy prosciutto! It’s an optional ingredient, but it adds so much flavor and really completes the dish .These will be gone in no time, trust me!
No one needs to know just how easy these little bites of heaven were to throw together. It’s just a matter of chopping your ingredients, thawing your dough, and putting it all together! If I can do it, you can do it. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella, chopped into cubes
- 4 large leafs fresh basil, chopped
- 4 slices prosciutto, sliced and crisped (optional)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 box store-bought puff pastry dough (two sheets), each cut into 6 pieces. 12 pieces total., thawed according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, cheese, basil, and prosciutto in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Once dough is thawed, place each piece into a greased muffin tin. Push down so that all sides are fully in tin, creating a cup with each piece of dough.
- Fill each cup with the tomato mixture.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until dough is slightly browned and mixture is bubbling.
- While cups are cooking, heat vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the duration of the cook time.
- Once cups are done, pour a teaspoon of balsamic reduction over each cup.
- Serve warm.