Your usual iced coffee gets a little spiked in this leprechaun-approved IRSH CREAM & MINT ICED MOCHA!
Back in my younger days, St. Patrick’s Day used to be an all day celebration for me. It was a day filled with dancing to Irish bands, drinking green beer, and just basically acting like a fool. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but at least a good 7 or so years have passed since I pulled my last all day’er for St. Paddy’s Day. These days I might dance a goofy jig with my 4 year old and wear a little green, but long gone are those all day parties to celebrate our favorite Irish holiday. And long gone is my affection for pitchers of green-tinted beer too… thank goodness. 😉 I would much rather be sipping on one of these Irish Cream & Mint Iced Mocha’s nowadays.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
This spiked iced mocha starts with a very simple to make Andes Mint infused vodka. You are literally a little vodka, a handful of Andes Mint, a glass jar, & 24 hours from having the best chocolate-mint flavored vodka ever. Then you shake that Andes Mint-infused vodka with a little Irish cream & your favorite espresso and pour over ice. Chocolate, mint, Irish cream, & coffee- you simply cannot go wrong with that flavor combo for St. Patrick’s Day no matter how you find yourself celebrating it this year. 🙂
- 1 cup vodka
- 7 Andes Mints unwrapped & chopped
- 1 oz Irish cream liqueur
- 1 oz of the Andes mint infused vodka
- 1 cup chilled espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- Splash of half & half
- Whipped cream chocolate syrup, & an Andes mint- for garnishing
- Place the chopped Andes Mints in a pint sized glass jar. Pour in the 1 cup of vodka. Place a lid on it and let it sit for at least 24 hours, shaking the jar vigorously at least 3-4 times as it infuses. Strain out any of the Andes Mints that did not completely dissolve before using it.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the Irish cream, Andes Mint infused vodka, and the chilled coffee. Place the lid on the shaker and give it a few food shakes. Fill a glass with ice. Strain the coffee mixture over the ice. Add a splash or two of half & half and give a quick stir. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, chocolate syrup, & an Andes Mint, if desired.
- Cheers & enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might also like my…
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!