Cherry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail has the tartness of cherry, pomegranate & orange bitters mixed with champagne for a festive cocktail!
The holidays are here! I love that every season has its own flavors and I especially love the flavors of the holiday season. I also love pouring a drink, hanging out with friends and family, and just appreciating each other’s company.
All of my friends, and the adult members of my family, love a good champagne drink. No matter the occasion, or even the time of day, a champagne cocktail just feels like the start of a celebration. You will definitely celebrate this amazing pomegranate champagne cocktail once you have tried it!
CHERRY POMEGRANATE CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINKS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
The holidays are always cause for celebration. I have a huge family so anytime our schedules allow us to come together, we make the best of it… even if it’s only for a day or two. We play board games, cook family dinners, and chat while the kids run around. It’s the best!
So naturally, we enjoy some drinks together. I first dreamt up this champagne and pomegranate drink while I was daydreaming of a Christmas holiday vacation to California to visit my parents. Needless to say, this pomegranate champagne was a hit that year and has been a holiday must for us ever since.
CHERRY POMEGRANATE CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS
VODKA: I like to use cherry vodka for some extra flavor in this champagne cocktail. If you don’t have cherry vodka available, you can use regular vodka and 1 ounce of cherry juice instead. Pick a good middle shelf vodka for this recipe. No big plastic bottles!
CHAMPAGNE: Some bubbles make this cocktail extra fun! The fizzy factor makes it perfect for celebrating special occasions like New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, or Friday. (Because any day you want this drink is worth celebrating.)
You don’t need to get a bottle of super fancy champagne. A $12 bottle of Korbel sparkling wine will work just fine since we’re mixing it.
You could easily whip up a kid-friendly version of this pomegranate drink by replacing the champagne with sparkling cider. In place of the cherry vodka, consider adding a splash of grenadine.
HOW TO MAKE A CHERRY POMEGRANATE CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
- Grab your favorite wine glass or champagne flute
- Pour your pomegranate juice and cherry vodka, and add your splash of orange bitters into your glass
- Pop your bottle of chilled champagne (pro-tip: away from your face) and pour it into your glass
- Feel free to garnish your drink with a sprig of rosemary and sprinkle some pomegranate seeds into the glass
- Take a sip of your new favorite pomegranate champagne cocktail!
No need to buy specific drinkware, you can enjoy this champagne and pomegranate drink from any glass!
WHAT IS CHAMPAGNE AND POMEGRANATE JUICE CALLED?
Short answer: a masterpiece. This juice and champagne combination doesn’t have a set cocktail name like a mimosa. But that’s okay! You can call it your new favorite holiday drink!
I just love the way this pomegranate cocktail tastes and I love how perfect it looks on a holiday trimmed table. The festive red of the drink is topped with a rosemary sprig. I think it looks like Santa himself left it under the Christmas tree as a gift just for you.
WHAT IS A GOOD MIXER FOR CHAMPAGNE?
Everyone knows that you can mix a variety of different fruit juices with champagne to create an endless combination of mimosas. A classic mimosa is champagne and orange juice, but you can experiment with your favorite juices from pineapple to grapefruit and see what you love best. You can also mix champagne with your favorite wine to create a sparkling concoction. If you are feeling extra festive, there are plenty of recipes that incorporate your favorite hard liquor too.
IS POMEGRANATE IN GRENADINE?
Grenadine is a type of syrup that’s a popular mixer for cocktails. Many people assume that grenadine is a cherry syrup, but it is actually made from fresh pomegranate juice, sugar, and orange blossoms water. This sweet, non-alcoholic mixer is a gorgeous ruby red color and adds a deliciously, sweet touch to any drink.
That being said, many commercial grenadines are cherry flavored. You can also get away with using juice from your maraschino cherry jar too.
TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS COCKTAILS
If you’re like me, and you love the sweet (yet still slightly sour) taste of pomegranate, you’ll want to try out some of these other great cocktails!
- Spiked Pomegranate Punch – made with vodka and prosecco, this is the perfect drink for any holiday party!
- Pomegranate Champagne– perfect for a large gathering, a pitcher of this amazing cocktail will keep everyone merry!
- Pomegranate Sangria – more of a red wine drinker than a champagne fan? This sangria is equally festive!
- Grapefruit Pomegranate Vodka Splash – so simple and so refreshing, this is my go-to summer drink.
- The Saint Champagne Cocktail – a new and exciting drink for any champagne lover to try.
- More DRINKS recipes…
TOOLS USE TO MAKE THIS POMEGRANATE CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL RECIPE
Champagne Flute: The perfect champagne flute makes any drink sparkle and these ones happen to be my favorite.
Stemless Wine Glasses: You can really use any glass to serve this cocktail, and I am a sucker for a casual stemless wine glass.
Orange Bitters: You can find orange bitters at most liquor stores and even some grocery stores. If you do not want to drive around town, you can always order some online to make sure you are prepared.
*This post originally posted on 10/23/2015.
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce cherry vodka
- 1 splash orange bitters
- 4 ounces champagne
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- Pour pomegranate juice, cherry vodka, and orange bitters into a champagne flute.
- Fill glass with champagne. Be careful not to let it bubble over.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and a sprig of rosemary, if desired.
Leave a Reply