Gather all of peanut butter’s best friends, like jelly, Nutella, and honey, to make the ultimate snack starring yummy Peanut Butter Bread!
Peanut Butter Bread is what is known as a quick bread recipe, and boy, is it quick to make and even quicker to eat! Not much is needed to make this bread, just simple pantry items like peanut butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and milk, but you’ll want to pull out all the toppings to find your favorite with this bread!
A droll worthy snack for all ages!
No one who grew up on PB&J’s ever outgrows them, am I right? There’s nostalgia so strong that even the barest whiff can send us back to childhood. Peanut Butter Bread is so simple to make that the kids and I make a couple of loaves at a time because we go through it so fast and we know our friends who come to visit will love it too. Honey, five different kinds of jelly/jam, Nutella and banana slices all get set out on the counter, too, for us to indulge in our favorite ways to eat this bread!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Classic Peanut Butter Delights are full of the sights and flavors of long days full of fun and are delicious ways to feel like a kid again!
Other Recipes to Serve with Peanut Butter Bread
- Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast Roll Ups are a dynamite way to have PB&J breakfast and are a treat to eat!
- Another delicious way to start your day, that’s also a cinch to make, is a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
Pantry Items: For this recipe, you will need your favorite smooth peanut butter, as well as all-purpose flour, light brown sugar and baking powder.
Refrigerated Items: For this bread, whole milk is best, but you can use whatever you have on hand, including a dairy-free option. You will also need a few eggs.
Seasoning: A small amount of salt is needed for this bread.
How to Make Peanut Butter Bread
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, milk, sugar, and eggs until smooth.
STEP TWO: Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until there are no lumps.
STEP THREE: Bake the bread for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let the bread cool before enjoying it.
Tips for Success
- Try to avoid over stirring the batter, which will create dense bread. Instead, lightly stir or fold the ingredients until you no longer see big lumps and then pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- If you notice the top of your bread getting too brown while baking, then you can cover the bread with foil to prevent the top of the bread from becoming overdone.
- Some variations you can try are chunky peanut butter, rather than smooth, or adding chopped peanuts to the dough. Sprinkle peanut butter chips or chocolate chips over the top before baking, or stir them into the batter. You can also swirl in your favorite jelly for a classic PB&J taste!
How do I store Peanut Butter Bread?
After the Peanut Butter Bread has come out of the oven and has cooled completely, you can leave it covered on the counter for about four days. If you want it to last longer, wrap the bread in cling wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for up to seven days. This bread also freezes beautifully, so you can wrap the beard in plastic wrap well and freeze it for up to three months. You can also slice the bread, place the slices on a tray, and freeze. Once the slices are frozen, you can place them in an airtight container and enjoy the bread by the slice whenever you want!
Where did Peanut Butter Bread originate?
Peanut Butter Bread was made popular during the Great Depression in the 1930’s, when certain food items were scarce. As you can see from the recipe, no eggs or oil are needed to make this bread, as those items may have been harder to get. This bread is also incredibly easy to make, as you really only need one bowl for all of the mixing. There was a revival of this recipe during the quarantine of 2020, when copious amounts of baking was all the rage and social media was enamored with peanut butter bread so an entirely new generation discovered how absolutely delicious peanut butter bread is!
More sweet breads to love!
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pineapple Bread
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees F. Grease the inside of a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and/or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a lar mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, milk, brown sugar, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix until just combined. (Be careful not to overmix once the flour is added. Just incorporate the flour until no visible lumps remain.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If the bread starts to get too dark, cover it with some tin foil.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from the pan. Cut into slices and enjoy as is or with your favorite spreads.
Leave a Reply