CINNAMON PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE tastes like heaven! It’s the ultimate fall comfort dessert! It will be gone in a flash!
The other day we went to our friends’ house for a labor Day barbecue and I brought dessert. I wanted to bring some kind of coffee cake. They’re so simple to make and I love them after dinner for a crowd. I decided to go with pumpkin because it’s the BEST, duh! Facebook just showed me my husband’s post from last year that sums up my fall love.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…
“I know you’re not a fan of pumpkin but I’m gonna need you to get on board.” -Aubrey
Well, after I made this Cinnamon Pumpkin Coffee Cake he’s on board! I did it!!! It was a hit at the Labor Day barbecue and I thought it was a fitting way to celebrate the beginning of fall!
I have been craving my Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake lately and wanted to see if it would be even better with pumpkin. Let me tell you, it was!!! The warmth that you get from the cinnamon topping is amazing. I love the cinnamon buttery goodness swirled on top of this cake and felt like it made it. It tastes like a cinnamon roll pumpkin coffee cake and that is amazing!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- grease a 10 inch spring form pan and set aside
- in a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice
- in the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar
- add eggs one at a time
- add in the pumpkin puree and the vanilla
- reduce speed of the mixer and slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined
- pour batter into the prepared pan and set aside
- in a small bowl combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon
- spread over the top of the cake batter carefully, like frosting
- using a knife swirl it around the cake, lifting the knife up and down to get the topping into the cake batter
- do not smooth out the top of the cake
- place the cake into the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- allow to cool
Cream Cheese Glaze
- once the cake is cool whisk together the cream cheese and milk until smooth
- whisk in the vanilla and confectioners' sugar until smooth
- remove cake from the sides of the pan and place on a serving plate
- drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the top of the cake and enjoy!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!