During the summer it seems we are always heading to a swim party or bar-b-cue. When we go to these parties, I like to bring either a side dish or dessert. One of my favorite side dishes to make for a BBQ is Classic Coleslaw! It’s a cool and refreshing side dish during the hot summer months, and really goes along with anything!
We love to have coleslaw with our hamburgers and hot dogs, but we really love to have it with pulled BBQ pork or chicken. Sometimes we eat it as a side to our meat or sandwich, but it is really good just put right on top of our pulled BBQ sandwich. However you decide to eat this coleslaw, you can’t go wrong.
What I love about this side dish is that it is really super easy to make. You don’t have to slave over a stove or turn on your oven, heating up your house. Plus your friends and family will love it!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Side Dish pin board!
- 16 oz bag coleslaw mix shredded cabbage and shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 TBL white vinegar
- 1 TBL lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onion
- Pour coleslaw mix into serving bowl and set aside.
- Put all other "dressing" ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw mix and use tongs to toss, making sure to coat all the cabbage and carrots.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- *Make at least 2 hours before serving. I like to make mine the night before.*
Another one of our family favorite bar-b-cue side dishes is pasta salad. We really love this red, white and blue cheese pasta salad. It’s very festive for those summer holiday parties!
Are you heading to any bar-b-cues this summer?