Garbanzo Bean Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing is super fresh and tasty. I have several lime trees, so it was nice to use them in this recipe. After eating a ridiculous amount of delicious pumpkin cakes, brownies, cookies, and handfuls of candy corn, I was craving a salad and something healthy. I have always had a major sweet tooth and I know I will be eating treats for the next few months, so it was nice to sneak in something not related to sugar and sweets. This salad would make a perfect lunch or side dish.
- In a food processor, add the spinach and pulse a few times until chopped very small
- Add the processed spinach, drained garbanzo beans, and chopped onion into a large bowl
- In the food processor (no need to rinse the bowl!), add the lime juice, cilantro, mustard, sugar, garlic, cumin, and oil and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed
- Pour the dressing on top of the spinach/garbanzo bean mixture and stir well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to let the flavors develop
Recipe from: Oh She Glows