The BEST Angel Food Cake is the perfect summer time dessert! It’s light and fluffy and goes best with summer’s fresh berries!
One of best desserts of summer is angel food cake! It’s so light and fluffy and tastes best with fresh berries and whipped cream! In the past we always just bought it from the grocery store. I think I was over thinking how difficult angel food cake is to make. I thought, for sure, that with all the egg whites and folding it would be hard. I was wrong! It’s really not difficult at all. There are a couple of steps but nothing hard.
Real Housemoms TV
The almond extract in this cake is so delicious. I think that, and the moisture of this cake make it better than the cakes we used to buy at the grocery store. In the summer I can’t get enough of all the fresh berries and finding all the ways to eat them for breakfast, snacks and dessert! This is the BEST Angel Food Cake because it has so much flavor and it’s moist and delicious and not hard to make at all!
Angel Food Cake
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar optional
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- line the bottom of a tube pan with parchment paper, but DO NOT grease
- lay 2 large pieces of parchment paper on the counter
- sift together flour, salt and 1/4 cup of sugar
- sift back and forth on the parchment paper a total of 6 times then set aside
- sift the remaining 1 cup of sugar and set aside
- in a stand mixer beat the egg whites on medium speed until foamy
- add in the cream of tartar, vanilla extract and almond extract
- beat on medium high
- once it becomes white and thick add the remaining 1 cup of sugar slowly, 1 tbsp at a time
- beat until stiff peaks are formed
- remove the bowl from the stand mixer and sprinkle 1/3 of the flour mixture over the top
- GENTLY fold the mixture into the egg whites
- repeat 2 more times until all the flour mixture is combined with the egg whites
- carefully place into the tube pan and smooth the top with the spatula
- bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden
- remove from oven and cool on a wire rack upside down until completely cool
- run a thin knife around the outside and the inside edges
- carefully remove to a cake plate
Fresh Whipping Cream
- whisk the cream on medium high until it starts to thicken
- add in the vanilla and confectioner's sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form
- be careful not to over whisk and make butter
- if sweetening the strawberries sprinkle with sugar and mix
- allow to sit for at least 30 minutes
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!