This is the best moist and flavorful RED VELVET POUND CAKE, and it has the most amazing cream cheese frosting that will melt in your mouth!
Wow, I can’t believe it is JULY already! How on earth did that happen?? I swear just a minute ago I was wishing away the snow and rain and now we are in the middle of a very hot and dry summer! But we have been taking our munchkins to the pool regularly and spent a fun week on the Oregon Coast where it was cool weather and absolutely beautiful!
One of my favorite dessert treats is a really moist and sweet pound cake! I have made many variations over the years but I have to say that this red velvet pound cake just might be my favorite, especially when you top it with that amazingly rich cream cheese frosting! Gahhhhhh, I just can’t stop eating it.
Be sure to follow the directions for adding the eggs because if you add them too quickly you might ruin your batter. Other than that the recipe is easy peasy lemon squeezy, and you will LOVE this red velvet pound cake!
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil and grease the inside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs, a little at a time, with your mixer on low speed. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a spoonful of the flour mixture, keep on adding the eggs, and a bit of flour if necessary, until all the eggs are added. Add the vanilla and food coloring.
- Add half the milk with half of the flour, keeping the mixer on slow speed. Once combined, add the remaining milk and gently fold in the remaining flour until combined.
- Pour mixture into your prepared loaf pan. Bake 55-65 minutes until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean (a few crumbs are okay, but no wet batter). Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl cream together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and spreadable. Spread on cooled cake. Slice and serve.
You’ll love these too!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!