Are you an olive fan? I love the briny saltiness they have! One of my new favorite appetizers is this Citrus Herb Marinated Olives recipe. It’s super easy to make, and is sure to please a crowd!
CITRUS HERB MARINATED OLIVES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
There are plenty of marinated olive recipes out there, but this one differs in the way that it combines citrus zest and juice, fresh herbs, garlic and red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat!
I like to use a mixture of Kalamata olives and Castelvetrano green olives, because the colors contrast beautifully, but feel free to switch it up to any olive combination you’d like.
The only variation I would stay away from are the olives that are stuffed with something… like a blue cheese stuffed olive, or something similar. You’ve already added a lot of flavor from the marinade, so you don’t need the extra stuffing 🙂
I love to serve these olives with some crusty bread, and possibly even a cheese platter, but they’re also fabulous as-is, with no other fixin’s. They would be awesome to put out a party, with little fancy skewers!
Since we’re using simple ingredients for the marinade, the quality of the olives you use should be pretty high. Use your favorite brand and types of olive!
This recipe makes about 4 cups of olives, and is easily doubled or halved, depending on your needs 🙂
I like to let the olives marinate for about 1-2 days in the refrigerator before serving. Don’t freak out if when they’re marinating, the oil turns a pale yellow color. Olive oil hardens in the cold temperatures but letting them sit out at room temp for about an hour or so before serving will allow the oil to return to the liquid state.
I hope you all give these Citrus and Herb Marinated Olives a try soon… they’ll be a great addition to any party!
- 2 cups Castelvetrano green olives or any other green olives
- 2 cups Kalamata olives or other variety
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 4-5 cloves garlic roughly chopped or smashed
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients except olives in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake bag to make the marinade.
- Open bag, add olives, seal bag, and massage to coat olives in the marinade.
- Place bag in the refrigerator and let sit for 1-2 days. Turn bag to re-coat olives occasionally.
- Before serving, let olives sit at room temperature for around an hour.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!