Be the hit of the party with this pretty in pink STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BALL! It is super easy with only 5 ingredients!
With the warmer weather here (or coming soon) it’s time to start collecting some no-bake recipes to have on hand that taste great, are super easy and need no oven time – because we don’t need to be heating up the kitchen, right? So let’s chill with this Strawberry Cheesecake Ball recipe. Not only does it have only a few simple ingredients but it also looks pretty and is perfect for any type of gathering. I’m sure your guests will be delighted with this tasty treat!
I recently had some co-workers come over for a little happy hour and one of the gals was bringing along her 5 year old daughter. Some of the food was okay for her but I wanted to have something that she might find kind of interesting (and of course sweet and tasty). Normally I would make some kind of cookies or bars but decided that this dessert cheese ball would make a nice presentation and would be fun for her to “dig in” and prepare her own treat. She really enjoyed it and even asked if she could bring some home to her older sister – I thought that was super nice of her. I probably should have given it all to her because I’ve been sneaking back to the refrigerator too many times!
When making this, I want to mention that the mixture is really soft. I found the best way to handle it was to place it on a big piece of plastic wrap, shape it into a ball and freeze it for at least an hour. Then have a bowl ready with the mini chocolate chips, unwrap and place in the bowl. Pat additional chips on top then move to a plate. I used vanilla wafers but chocolate graham crackers work well too.
- 16 oz. strawberry cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips you can do less if you'd like.
- vanilla wafers or chocolate graham crackers for dipping
- In a medium bow, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream until well mixed.
- Place mixture on large sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a ball
- Place in freezer for at least one hour
- Place chips in a large flat bowl
- Unwrap mixture and place in bowl on top of chips
- Pat other chips onto the top
- Place on serving tray with dippers