Jump on the Blanket Scarf trend and use this tutorial to make your own and work fall’s coolest (and warmest) fashionable trends in 10 minutes or less!
Hello to my new friends at Real Housemoms,
I’m so happy to be part of this amazing blogger community that flows endlessly with inspiring ideas that fills my creative outlet!
To start things off, I want to jump in with one of fashions most easiest and chicest trends, the blanket scarf.
I was one of the first bloggers to bring this tutorial to the web last year and I’m so excited to raise the stakes a little with this Ultimate Blanket Scarf tutorial.
Because you will need an actual blanket for this and you will be SUPER chic while doing it. This trend is seen all over the runways and have especially loved the look in The Row’s Pre-Fall collection. Fun fact, do you remember those cute Full House Olsen twins? It’s their fashion line, and quite honestly, it’s a far, nay, DISTANT step from their Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen line in walmart yeeeaars ago. Sophsicated, clean, simplistic, and very cool. When I spotted this Blanket Scarf look, I knew it we need to recreate it for ourselves!
The best part?
It can be made in less than 10 minutes with little to no sewing. WUT?!?
So let’s get started…
Here’s what you need to create the Ultimate Blanket Scarf,
- a woven, wool type blanket with cool fringe (I found mine at IKEA).
- sewing machine and matching thread
- First step, locate the center most point of your blanket and mark with a pin.
- Next, cut halfway up the center lengthwise grain as seen in the photo below.
- Finally, on the cut line, turn the edge around on it’s self, as seen in photo below, and stitch into place.
Repeat on the other side.
- Once that is completed, you are DONE.
Now go and find the coziest fringed blanket and work this fashion must-have into your fall wardrobe;
belt it, tie it, or try my favorite: drape on your shoulders.
It’s chic, fashionable, and functional with the option towarm up my favorite double chinned two year old baby!