Rolo Filled Snickerdoodles are cinnamon sugar cookies filled with chocolate covered caramel Rolos. These cookies will fly off the baking sheet!
Starting today on RH we’re bringing you 12 days of cookies. There are so many great recipes that I know you’re going to just LOVE!!! I decided to start with these Rolo Filled Snickerdoodles because I just couldn’t wait. First, let me tell you these snickerdoodle cookies are HUGE!!! These are the size of a cookie from the mall. You can absolutely cut the size of these cookies with Rolos in half and make more with one batch of dough, just be sure to reduce your cooking time to about 8 to 10 minutes. This time of year I like to make loads and loads of different cookie dough on the weekends and then refrigerate or freeze it till I’m ready to bake it off. At the top of my list are stuffed cookies. They’re a favorite at my house, especially these Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies and cookies made with Rolos.
ROLO FILLED SNICKERDOODLES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
What is it about a snickerdoodle that we love so much? I think it’s the cakey texture coated with cinnamon sugar. I love to eat them straight out of the oven but then again I love to do that will all cookies. 🙂 This time of year it seems like I make cookies to go with every fun thing we do. We just got our Christmas tree yesterday and we’re going to be decorating it tonight. So of course, I have to make a few different types of cookies for us to snack on while we drink our eggnog, watch Christmas movies, and decorate. I’m planning on Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies, sugar cookies, and these stuffed snickerdoodles. Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday. It’s so much more fun with the kids too. It’s like getting to relive my childhood Christmases again. My heart is so full this time of year!
I couldn’t keep enough of these rolo cookies on hand. Every time a batch came out of the oven they were gone within a day or two. They’ve become our friends’ favorite cookie on our Christmas cookie plates and with good reason. But these cookies aren’t just for Christmas. They’re fabulous any time of year, or any occasion…even if the occasion is you needing these cookies in your tummy.
Be sure to come back each day so you don’t miss any of these great cookie ideas!
Want more snickerdoodle recipes?
- Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- Buttered Rum Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Fudge
- Pumpkin Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Rolo Filled Snickerdoodles recipe
Stand Mixer: I don’t know what I’d do without my stand mixer. I use it for just about everything…and I mean everything! Cakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, and shredding chicken!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Silicone Mat: I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag of Rolo candies
Cinnamon Sugar for rolling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- using a stand mixer or hand mixer with large bowl cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go
- beat in the egg, once combined scrape down the sides of the bowl again
- with mixer on low, add the vanilla and stir until combined
- in a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt
- with mixer on low slow stir in flour mixture until just combined
- cover dough and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour*
- preheat oven to 350 F
- place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- roll 1/4 cup of dough into a ball
- place unwrapped Rolo into the center of the dough ball and roll again, making sure that candy is completely covered
- combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl
- roll dough balls in the cinnamon sugar until covered
- place dough on baking sheet 3 inches apart (approx. 4 per baking sheet)
- bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges of dough are lightly browned and center is set
- allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to cooling rack
Brenda Stevens says
I made these today. Turned out great! Glad I doubled the recipe. Thanks.
Aubrey Cota says
So glad to hear that!! Thanks Brenda.
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
I love snickerdoodle cookies and stuffing them makes them even more irresistible! They look incredible and would not last long at our house at all 🙂
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet says
I love rolos! I am also loving how you added these to cookies!
This is my kinda cookie!! I love ’em fresh out of the oven too and these sound amazing!! Rolos are not safe around me, and I’m sure these cookies would disappear quickly too 🙂