The classic Moscow Mule cocktail gets a fall flavor makeover with a POMEGRANATE CRANBERRY MOSCOW MULE!
I am a recent convert to the Moscow Mule cocktail. I have seen them floating around on social media and on Pinterest, but I had not yet discovered for myself the boozy deliciousness that these shiny copper mugs were holding. But once I had my first sip, I was hooked for life. 😉 The traditional Moscow Mule is made simply with vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer, but I wanted to create a version of it that would be perfect for serving during the fall season. I had just got my hands on a bottle of delicious pomegranate vodka, and I knew that I wanted to swap out the plain vodka that is usually served in a Moscow Mule with it. I added a splash of cranberry pomegranate juice for a little extra flavor and color and boom! I gave this classic cocktail a tasty fall flavor makeover with just a few simple tweaks.
The fresh pomegranate seeds are totally optional in this, but they do make for a very pretty Moscow Mule- especially if you do not have the copper mugs on hand and serve this cocktail in glasses instead. I am also newly obsessed with fresh pomegranates at the moment, so I love finding new recipes that I can add them to. They are little nutritional powerhouses, and the pomegranate fruit itself is just so gorgeous when you first crack it open. If you haven’t jumped on the pomegranate train yet, I strongly encourage you all to get on that asap- so good, folks! And this Fall, Pomegranate Cranberry Moscow Mules are definitely a good place to start.
- 1 fresh lime quartered
- 3 oz pomegranate flavored vodka
- 1 cup cranberry pomegranate juice
- 12 oz bottle of ginger beer
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for garnishing (optional)
- Fill 2 Moscow mule mugs with crushed ice. Squeeze 2 quarters of the lime into each mug; toss 2 lime quarters into each mug. Pour 1.5 oz of pomegranate vodka & 1/2 cup of the cranberry pomegranate juice into each mug and give a quick stir. Pour in half of the bottle of ginger beer into each mug. Top with fresh pomegranate seeds, if desired.
- Cheers and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…