Spicy Ranch Cauliflower is a quick and zesty side dish with roasted cauliflower covered in spicy butter and a cheesy, crunchy topping!
Cauliflower is one of my favorite side dishes, and Spicy Ranch Cauliflower is always on the menu in my kitchen. This spicy roasted cauliflower side dish is perfect with any protein and packs a punch, too!
SPICY RANCH CAULIFLOWER
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Flavorful side dish recipes are the ones you cherish forever. These spicy roasted cauliflower bites are ready in less than half an hour for a no-stress weeknight dinner the family will love!
Cauliflower is always on the grocery list from September through the end of fall. Hands down, this spicy ranch cauliflower is one of my favorite recipes to whip up! I prefer fresh for this spicy roasted cauliflower recipe, but you can totally use frozen too! Be sure to thaw and dry the florets before seasoning.
Spicy Ranch Cauliflower Ingredients
SPICY BUTTER: This crispy spicy cauliflower is tossed with hot sauce and chipotle powder in melted butter. This spicy butter with the crispy roasted cauliflower serious falvor.
CRUNCHY TOPPING: This spicy baked cauliflower is topped with a bread crumb, Cotija cheese, and ranch dip seasoning packet. You can swap the Mexican cheese for a grated parmesan or a crumbled bleu cheese for a Buffalo cauliflower vibe.
On a scale of 1 to 5 – where 1 is no spice at all and 5 is you better call the fire department – this recipe is about a 2. It’s just a tad bit spicy and adds a little kick to the yummy ranch flavor.
How to Make Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
- First, whisk together the hot sauce, melted butter, and chipotle powder.
- Then, toss your cauliflower florets in the spicy butter until it’s all coated and pour it onto a prepped baking sheet. You want them in a single layer but close together.
- Now, mix together the bread crumbs, Cotija cheese, and ranch seasoning and sprinkle it evenly over the cauliflower.
- Finally, bake the spicy cauliflower bites until it’s lightly golden brown in some areas. Let it rest a few minutes before serving.
For the best leftovers, reheat the spicy cauliflower in the oven for a few minutes at 400 degrees F. You can also use a microwave, but the cauliflower will be chewier and less crispy.
What Does Cauliflower Go Well With?
Cauliflower takes on any spices and seasonings added, so there’s no meal that can’t have cauliflower, too.
Cauliflower and pork are my favorite dinner combination. These Instant Pot Pork Chops make a great juicy compliment for this spicy roasted cauliflower.
Chicken is a budget meal staple, and this pecan-crusted chicken is the perfect fall main dish to pair with cauliflower.
I make meatloaf monthly, and this classic meatloaf recipe is a simple dinner that goes great with cauliflower, roasted or mashed!
When I have a spicy craving, I like to serve up this cauliflower with some of my Spicy Honey BBQ Instant Pot Meatballs. I start the meatballs, then make the cauliflower, and everything finishes together!
How Do You Prepare and Cook Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is one of the most versatile side dishes. It can be cooked almost any way!
It’s even become a popular replacement for gluten and carbs for rice and pizza crust.
The most popular way to make cauliflower is to steam it, but I think that’s one of the least flavorful options. My go-to cauliflower cooking method is definitely roasting. It gets a little crunchy outside but creamy on the inside for a super simple side dish.
I also love to grill it in the summer! It’s great in veggie foil packs, and it’s thick enough to grill right on the grates. Mix up your grill game next season with grilled cauliflower steaks!
Got an air fryer? You can totally make this spicy roasted cauliflower recipe in an air fryer basket, too! Follow the same steps and cook it in 5-minute intervals, shaking every time. It should be done in about 15 to 20 minutes.
More Easy Veggie Side Dishes
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Citrus Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Simple Broccoli Casserole
- Maple Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Asparagus
- More SIDE DISH recipes…
Tools used to make this Spicy Ranch Cauliflower recipe
Baking sheet: No kitchen is complete without a sturdy baking sheet. This one is perfect for sheet pan dinners or roasted veggies. Even without parchment paper, nothing sticks to this cooking sheet!
Mixing bowls: I have a million mixing bowls. I’m always using them to prep ingredients! These are great for getting everything ready for an easy homemade dinner.
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets (bite-sized peices)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cojita cheese crumbled (or grated Parmesan)
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix (1 packet)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, melt butter. Then add hot sauce and chipotle powder to butter and whisk together until well combined.
- Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl. Toss cauliflower in spicy butter until well coated. Pour the cauliflower onto the prepared baking sheet. Try to keep the pieces together but not on top of each other, don’t space them out.
- In a second medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, and ranch mix. Stir together until evenly mixed. (Try to avoid eating this mixture by the spoonful. It's delicious on just about everything!!)
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the cauliflower. Make sure to sprinkle evenly to get everything covered really well.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden in some areas.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I am picking up cauliflower tomorrow and yellow squash to make this and your yellow squash recipe! I love veggies and am anxious to try them both. They look like they’ll be recipes I will make often!