It’s fall and it is time to bring on the comfort food! It’s also not a bad idea to pull out the slow cooker either and make this Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili!
Where I live we have already had some pretty cold and rainy days to begin the season of fall. The kids have had to wear jackets and all I hear is, I’m cold, I’m cold. And it has only just begun.
Because of our very fall-like days, I immediately thought of chili. I love chili! It’s hearty and warm and when you add corn bread to the side it’s the perfect meal. It also feeds 6 people really well which is a big plus in my house. It’s one of my best crock pot recipes!
This recipe is pretty basic. Cook the meat and onions. Throw everything into the slow cooker, leave it for hours and hours. Not a lot of hands-on cooking going on here. For added pleasure, I threw some sour cream and cheese on the top at the end, it was a good choice, you should try it!
- 1 cup onions diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 15.5 ounce can pinto beans
- 15.5 ounce can light red kidney beans
- 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Chili Seasoning
- 2 cups water
- In a skilled combined onions and ground beef. Sautee until beef is cooked.
- Add beef, beans, diced tomatoes, chilli mix, and water to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Top with cheese and sour cream!
- Serve and ENJOY!