GRILLED PEACH BRUSCHETTA is a delicious way to use those fresh summer peaches for a late summer snack.
I went to the farmer’s market with the family the other day and we walked past the stand selling peaches. Oh. My. GOSH!!!!! You could smell the amazing peaches as you walked past, but no one was walking past! They were all being pulled into the stall and waiting for their sample as they watched the peach being sliced and all the juice running out onto the cutting board. They were buying up peaches by the boxful and waiting in a LOOOOOONG line to checkout. It was worth it. These peaches were delicious. I grabbed a bunch and knew that some of them were going to end up on the grill. I love the tasted of grilled fruit. I’ve made Grilled Fruit Kabobs and Easy Sweet Dip in the past but I also love to eat stone fruit that’s been grilled. Grilling the fruit really just intensifies the flavor and I wanted to do something with it.
Grilled Peach Bruschetta was a way for me to snack on the peaches before dinner. I don’t really need an excuse but the more I thought of how to use them in a savory dish the more I wanted to mix them with basil. The taste of the sweet peaches against the basil and feta is so fantastic! It’s so fresh and amazing and like they were always meant to be together. 🙂 It really does taste like more than three ingredients but it’s just so simple and really a must try. I kept grabbing more and more as I was taking pictures. This is a must make as summer winds down.
- 4 peaches sliced
- 4 oz. Feta cheese chopped into small bites
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 baguette sliced and toasted
- preheat the grill to medium heat
- lay peach slices on the grill grates and cook for 5 minutes
- flip and cook on the other side for an additional 5 minutes or until grill marks are formed and peaches are tender
- remove from grill and allow to cool until they can be handled
- remove the skins and chop the slices into small bite sized pieces and place in a bowl
- add the feta cheese and basil to the bowl and toss gently
- serve with toasted baguette slices and enjoy!
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain says
Aubrey Cota says
Thanks so much Steph!