Butternut Squash French Toast is a delicious and healthier twist on a classic breakfast dish!
Hi y’all! I’m Marion from Life Tastes Good, and I am so excited to be joining the team here at Real Housemoms! I am passionate about encouraging everyone to eat at home using fresh ingredients. It’s a great way to save money, eat better, and experience exciting new flavors! I’ll be stopping in to say ‘Hi’ each month, and to share a delicious recipe you can make at home.
Butternut Squash French Toast is a scrumptious way to get some healthy stuff into the kids! They’ll never know this tasty breakfast is loaded with good-for-you stuff like folate, fiber, potassium, and vitamins B6 and C, just to name a few! A little sneaky, but it’s all good. As a matter of fact, the kids might wonder what they did to deserve this special breakfast treat, but that’s okay, it’s always good to keep ’em guessing <wink>
Real Housemoms TV
If you’ve never had butternut squash, it is similar to the beloved pumpkin, only better! Okay, some might argue that, but for me the milder flavor and smoother texture of the butternut squash is much more appealing than that of the somewhat overrated pumpkin. What can I say? I like to root for an underdog. Especially one as tasty and under appreciated as the butternut squash.
The earthy, sweet and slightly nutty tones of the butternut squash starts your day off right by enhancing the flavor of this classic french toast and fills you with nutritious goodness too!
- 1/4 cup Butternut Squash Puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil
- 8 slices of your favorite bread. I used Challah
- In a bowl large enough to dip the bread, whisk together 1/4 cup Butternut Squash Puree, 4 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly oil the skillet.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture one piece at a time, being sure to coat each side. Place the coated bread into the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side. About 3-4 minutes per side. Continue cooking the coated bread slices in this manner until all are cooked through.
- Serve with pure maple syrup and enjoy!
You also might enjoy these butternut squash recipes…
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!