ONE POT THAI CHICKEN is made in a single skillet & is bursting with rich flavors! This chicken is incredibly tender & moist, and super easy to make!
We love Thai at our house, one of our favorite meals is this Thai Peanut Chicken Penne! It is so quick and easy. There is just something about those flavors that gets me every time, And this Thai chicken is no exception. It is the perfect dinner with very little clean up required. I love those dishes that the whole family will eat without complaint, that are easy enough for a weekday, but fancy enough for company, and that have the kind of flavors you never get sick of. This chicken has it all.
I am a huge fan of date nights with the hubby, but sometimes you just can’t get away. It could be a babysitter issue, or maybe just diverse schedules. This chicken is the perfect meal when we are doing date night in. It is so yummy, but doesn’t make a big mess that I have to clean up later. Think of it is a great Valentine’s Day dinner! And it is so easy to make:
You just have to sear your chicken. For me, buying chicken thighs that are bone in and skin on is very inexpensive. Like $5 for a big huge package. So this is also a totally economical meal option too! Love it.
Whip up your sauce (Before searing if you want), and spoon it over the top. The sauce is easy to make, and can even be made ahead of time. We like it so much I often make big batches and freeze it so that when I am in a hurry all I have to do is dump it on. And the chicken rocks.
Then bake it for about half an hour, and broil to crisp up the top.
Then garnish and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 bone-in skin-on, chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce
- 1/2 Tbs ginger paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsps Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, over medium heat, melt butter, and place once melted, place chicken, skin-side down into pan.
- Sear both sides until the skin is nice and golden brown, and crispy. This takes about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, and turn chicken skin side up (should already be), and cover with sauce.
- Place into oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (165 degree internal temp).
- Turn oven on to broil, and broil 2-3 minutes to crisp everything up and further caramelize the sauce.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro, and serve.
This recipe was adapted from Easy Thai Chicken from Damn Delicious.
Love Thai flavors? Check out this Thai Peanut Shrimp Noodle Bowl:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!