Everyone loves krispy treats! They are perfect here in Arizona where we never want to turn on our ovens because we live in one!!! LOL well it feels that way sometimes. I love making krispy treats and my husband loves those Oreos. So why not combine them?! Kids young and old will come running for these Cookies and Cream Krispy Treats!
I used to make the worst krispy rice treats not even joking here! Even the hubby didn’t like them. They were too hard or too sticky or just plain yucky. I had to do some research and testing to make good krispy rice treats. One tip I learned that has made a HUGE difference in making krispy rice treats is to keep the marshmallow to cereal ration equal! Another tip is don’t pack the treats too much in the pan this makes them just plain hard. These are just a couple tips that have helped me make some amazing krispy rice treats. These Cookies and Cream Krispy Rice Treats are no exception! I had to take some to my neighbors so I wouldn’t eat the whole pan!
These are super easy to make and they only take a few ingredients!! I don’t know about you but I always have a stash of Vanilla Almond Bark and Crisp Rice cereal in my cupboard! Ok maybe you don’t! LOL!!
- 6 cupc mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup chopped chocolate sandwich cookies set aside 1/4 cup for garnish on top
- 1/4 cup melted almond bark
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9 pan, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick saucepan over medium low heat, add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in Crispy Rice cereal until evenly coated. Fold in 1 cup chopped chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Pour mixture into buttered dish and gently press mixture evenly into dish, immediately (before marshmallows hardens) sprinkle with1/4 cup chopped chocolate sandwich cookies.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt almond bark in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over Crispy Rice treats.Cut into squares and enjoy!
If you enjoy this recipe you might enjoy these as well!