Mix up your breakfast routine with these fun and delicious Cinnamon Sugar Berry Breakfast Pizzas! They’re made on an English muffin, making these super easy to whip up first thing in the morning!
Hands up if you get stuck in a breakfast routine. My hand is most definitely up in the air, waving frantically because I am the absolute worst at breakfast.
Every. Single. Morning. Peanut butter toast. And it’s getting old.
I thought it would be fun to get a little creative with my breakfast…and these little berry pizzas came to mind!
I know…pizza? For breakfast? Trust me on this one!
I’ve seen a lot of savory breakfast pizzas on Pinterest. As in full-sized pizza baked up with an egg cracked on top. It looks pretty delicious to me, but I am more of a sweet breakfast kind of girl. So I decided to come up with a sweet variation on the breakfast pizza.
The first variation was a full-on pizza. I’m talking pizza dough with some graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon. I made it the night before and let it rise in the fridge overnight, rolled it out and baked it up the next morning. And it was…meh. Not only that but the whole time I was thinking to myself “who on Earth is going to go through all of this trouble for breakfast?!”
So round two I went the simple route and used English muffins as the crust. And it actually tastes a LOT better than pizza dough! I love it when the easy solution is the better tasting one!
So here’s the rundown: toasted English muffins buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, slathered with cream cheese, topped with the berries of your choice (fresh, frozen, they will ALL work), and sprinkled with even more cinnamon sugar! Don’t be shy with that cinnamon sugar!
They are ready in under 10 minutes, which in my world is pretty much a requirement for a do-able breakfast. Dinner I will slave over, but not breakfast 😉
And finally, I think I might have escaped my peanut butter toast rut. Woo hoo!
Cinnamon sugar (enough for 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pizzas (one serving)
- 1 English muffin split in half
- butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh berries thawed from frozen works
- Mix together the cinnamon sugar and set aside.
- Either toast the English muffins or cook under a broiler for 2-3 minutes until toasted and lightly browned.
- Butter the English muffin, then sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Spread the cream cheese over the cinnamon sugar.
- Scatter the berries on the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Serve immediately.