Sun Dried Tomato Wonton Bites are an easy to make party app you can prep ahead of time and bake when ready!
You know what’s awesome? Fancy looking appetizers that are actually easy to make. Everyone oooohs and aaaaahs over them, and then you giggle to yourself a little because they took no time at all. Love it!
Real Housemoms TV
Sun dried tomatoes and one of my favorite savory flavors. Pair that with some ricotta and melty cheese and it’s game on! The oils from the pesto help crisp up the wontons even though they’re baked (that’s make them heathly-ish, right?!). Just keep an eye on these babies, if you let them back too long they’ll start to get brown all over.
The best part of these bites is that you can totally prep them ahead of time and them bake ’em when you’re ready. Make all the wonton bites, put them on the baking sheet, and then pop them in the fridge until it’s time to cook. One less thing to worry about getting done when you’re running around the house like a mad person because everyone will be at your house in 20 minutes. Ahhhhhh! Kidding. Okay, maybe not. But easy is easy kids and these bad boys bit the bill!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Apps & Bites pin board!
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomato pesto
- 40 square wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Sil-Pat or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta and jack cheese until well combined.
- Place awonton wrapper on your work surface (cutting board, plate, something flat). Spoon 1/2 tablespoon cheese mixture into the middle of the wonton wrapper. Place a 1/4 teaspoon sun dried tomato pesto on top of the cheese.
- Dip your finger into the water and run it along one edge of the wonton wrapper. Repeat with the other 3 sides. Bring two opposite corners of the wonton together in the middle above the cheese and gently pinch them together. Bring up one of the remaining corners to the middle and pinch together with the frist two. Use your fingertips to pinch the edges that form together to seal them. Bring up the last corner, pinching it in the middle with the other corners, and then sealing the edges.
- Place the wonton on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the wontons, cheese mixture, and pesto until you've used all the ingredients. Space the wontons about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and the "X" edges on the wontons have begun to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Hungry for more?
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!