This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt’s. The opinions and text are all mine.
Keep your party simple with this Best Ever Burger Bar & my favorite Best Burger Recipe! Everyone will feel like their own personal chef!
Real Housemoms TV
July 4th is nostalgic. Every year, it brings up memories of The Sandlot, spending the whole day at the local pool trying to win the “chuck your kid contest” no matter how big the boys are, parties with your family and friends, and of course – grilling obscene amounts of the best burger recipe and hot dogs alongside fries and fry sauce. It’s supposed to be a time to relax and create even more memories. However, sometimes that’s hard if you’re the one who’s hosting.
BEST BURGER RECIPE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your GRILLING pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
WHAT IS A BURGER BAR?
A burger bar is a collection of classic and unique ingredients served separately from the burgers, allowing guests the opportunity to build their burgers the way they want to. There are endless combinations, which make the burger traditionalist and adventurer equally happy. And it’s easy to add hot dogs to the table for those who prefer the dog.
BURGER BAR MENU
Well if you’re like my kids, you have to have the classics. This means renaming the Burger Bar to the Ketchup Bar. My boys love a little burger with their ketchup. And there’s no better ketchup than their new favorite, Hunt’s Best Ever Ketchup, made with vine-ripened California tomatoes. It’s so thick, you can stand a french fry straight up in it. And I’m cool with it because there’s no high fructose corn syrup in it, and it’s 100% natural.
Additional classic condiments include mustard, mayo and BBQ sauce (add relish if you’re throwing in some dogs). The other most popular American toppings include lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, cheese, and bacon – and don’t forget the buns.
One of the best things to do is to provide a variety. You can easily have cheddar, pepper jack and swiss, or even potato buns, kaiser rolls or sesame buns. These kinds of personal touches will make your Best Ever Burger Bar unique and all your guests happy.
Speaking of unique, it’s always fun to have some unusual toppings that could turn into the talk of the party. Customize toppings that you know your guests love, but also try including ones like…
- slow cooker garlic mushrooms
- jalapeno poppers
- blue cheese and hot sauce
- garden fresh guacamole
- pico de gallo
- grilled onions
- green chilies
- potato chips (yes, as a topping)
- or something crazy like peanut butter and jelly (growing in popularity in our local food truck scene)
You can even have motifs in your spread by having Mexican, Italian or other specifically themed ingredients.
Or keep it simple like my son with just a burger or a hot dog, bun and mouth-watering Hunt’s Best Ever Ketchup.
Which leads to having the best burger recipe.
WHAT’S A GOOD BURGER RECIPE?
There are lots of great burger recipes out there. But this best grilled burger recipe is one of my favorites and it includes some fresh ingredients I love feeding my boys and Hubby.
Best Burger Ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
So whether you’re buying all the ingredients or making a few ahead of time, there are a few things to think about to continue your summer entertaining success.
TIPS FOR MAKING A BURGER BAR
- Prepare your patties in advance.
- Gather or make your favorite condiments a few days before.
- Cut/prepare your toppings in advance, including your onions, tomatoes, pickles, and lettuce.
- Prepare your condiment tray the day before and place covered in the fridge.
- Think classic sides like potato chips as well as others like Italian Pasta Salad or Red Potato Salad. These can be made ahead of time too.
- Don’t forget Hunt’s Best Ever Ketchup, the thickest and richest Hunt’s ketchup yet (especially if you have a bunch of little ketchup addicts like I do). They come in 14, 20, 32 or 38-ounce bottles, so you can choose the right size for your party.
So this year, when you’re grilling at home, by the pool or park, or are throwing your kiddo halfway across the neighborhood pool, a well-thought-out burger bar can make your next summer bash as big of a hit as the fireworks you’ll all watch later, making you an instant July 4th legend.
Happy fourth of July everyone. And remember, “There’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die” – The Babe, The Sandlot.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Add carrots and onions to food processor, and process for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides and process for 10 more seconds.
- Add ground beef, carrot/onion mixture, seasoning salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined using your fingers or a spoon.
- Divide ground burger mixture into 6 portions and form into patties.
- Spray grill with non-stick grilling spray, and cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. We like our burgers medium - an internal temp of 140-145 degrees F.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!