Grab your blender; this easy Frozen Margarita Recipe comes together in minutes! You’ll love sipping on this frosty and refreshing cocktail!
Who is ready for warm summer days and Frozen Margaritas? Me, me, me! Here in the desert, we’ve been enjoying summer weather for months, meanwhile, I have already had my fair share of Strawberry Margaritas, Frosé, and Frozen Margaritas. This is the best Frozen Margarita Recipe for a classic lime-flavor. We’re skipping the overly sweet premade mix for a handful of ingredients that create a fresh, easy and delicious cocktail. Especially my other favorite Chili Mango Margarita! Pull out that blender, let’s make margaritas!
FROZEN MARGARITA RECIPE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
When everyone says “Let’s go out for Margaritas!” You’ll have an ace in your pocket with this recipe and technique and as a result, everyone will want to come over and have a fun night out!
What goes in a Frozen Margarita Recipe:
Simple Syrup: This recipe starts with a quick, simple syrup; this is what will sweeten the margarita. Stir equal amounts of granulated sugar into boiling water until dissolved. Make this first so that it can chill in the fridge or freezer while you proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Lime Juice: For this recipe, you’ll need about 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, that is around eight limes, but that will vary based on the size of your limes and how juicy they are. Feel free to swap in a little freshly squeezed lemon juice if you come up short with the lime juice.
Tequila: The star of this drink! Feel free to use your favorite tequila; I prefer a silver/Blanco/white tequila.
Orange liqueur: A generous splash of orange liqueur helps to give these margaritas their classic flavor. Triple sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier are all excellent options.
Ice: Here’s how we turn these into frozen margaritas! Add plenty of ice into your blender along with all the ingredients listed above and give it a whirl. Easily adjust the consistency of the margaritas by adding more or less ice.
How do you make Frozen Margaritas:
This is the best way I’ve found to make the most delicious Frozen Lime Margarita Recipe.
- Make them strong. Since all that crushed ice will dilute the alcohol, lime juice, and simple syrup, make sure that your portions are on the stronger side.
- Use chilled ingredients, if possible. If you use warm/room temp ingredients, your ice will melt faster, and you’ll likely need to add more ice to get a thick, slushy consistency. The more ice you add, the more you will dilute the flavor. So, plan a bit and chill your alcohol, lime juice, and simple syrup in advance.
- Adjust to suit your taste preferences. I can’t stress this one enough! When making your cocktail, you can control precisely how you want it to taste. Add more simple syrup for a sweeter cocktail, more lime juice for a more tart cocktail, and of course, increase or decrease the alcohol based on how strong you like your drinks. Use this recipe as a guide and go from there.
- Adjust the recipe quantity to serve more or less. This recipe makes four margaritas, but you can easily double or even triple it to serve a crowd.
- These are best served immediately after blending. Wait until you are ready, then throw everything in the blender and mix them up. They’ll be ready in seconds!
Don’t forget to try some of my other favorite Summer drinks
- Triple Berry Red Wine Slushies
- Strawberry Peach Frose
- Pineapple Limeade
- Watermelon Limeade
- Orange Vanilla Bean Margaritas
- More Drink recipes…
Tools used to make this Frozen Margarita Recipe
Saucepan: While I use bigger saucepans for everyday cooking, having a small saucepan lets me make syrups, toppings, and sauce add-ins without taking over the stovetop.
Glass Rimmer: Adding sugar or salt to the rim of your cocktail glass doesn’t get any easier!
Blender: I love this blender! I use it to make everything from smoothies to soups. It can handle anything I throw at it and the puree comes out smooth.
Glasses: I’m a cocktail enthusiast and a great cocktail should be served in quality glass. These rocks glasses have a great weight to them and the classic design will never go out of style.
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup orange liqueur
- Simple syrup, to taste I used 2 tablespoons
- 3-4 cups ice plus more if needed
- Coarse salt for the rim of your glass
- Stir sugar into boiling water until dissolved. Place in the fridge (or speed it along in the freezer) until chilled, but not frozen.
- Place coarse salt in a small bowl. Moisten the rim of your glasses with lime juice or simple syrup, then dip into the salt. Set aside.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and slushy. Add more ice to thicken, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe? Try these other margaritas!