It took me many years to figure out that I have a major love for avocados. I finally made the realization when someone made the most amazing guacamole in college. Ever since that day, I absolutely love avocados and will eat them in various ways, including alone, in salads, on hamburgers, in guacamole, and various dips. When I saw Avocado Fries at More Than Mary, I was so excited to give them a try! They were baked, crunchy, and very yummy! The original recipe used plain panko, but I tried Italian Style panko and it added an excellent flavor. Avocado Fries would make a perfect side dish, especially to hamburgers, or a tasty snack. Barbeque season will be here before we know it and I will absolutely be making these amazing baked avocado slices many times!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Italian Style panko
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
- Preheat oven to 450
- Put flour in one bowl, eggs in another bowl, and panko in another bowl
- Coat avocado slices in the flour, then eggs, then panko
- Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray
- Place cooling rack on a cookie sheet
- Spray the top of the wedges with olive oil or butter flavored cooking spray and sprinkle with salt
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!