Creamy and tangy Avocado Ranch Dressing goes perfectly over a salad or as a dip. This is a must-have recipe for any ranch dressing lover!
I know I am not alone in my love of ranch dressing. I also secretly love how more and more restaurants just bring out sides of ranch or add it to your take-out bag without even asking. One of my favorite dressings to ask for used to be the Chick-Fil-A avocado ranch dressing, that is until this recipe came along. Freshly blended avocado lime ranch dressing is far superior to all of its pre-made competition! This dressing is perfect on almost any salad and makes a stellar dip for onion rings!
AVOCADO RANCH DRESSING
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
If you like ranch and avocado, then you aren’t living until you have enjoyed a homemade Avocado Ranch Dressing! My favorite way to serve this dressing is on a BLT Salad. For starters, it doesn’t get much easier than a BLT Salad. For all of its simplicity, that salad packs a flavorful punch, and this creamy dressing is the perfect complement to the salty bacon and acidic cherry tomatoes. Together, you can serve the perfect summertime side dish that I guarantee everyone will love.
AVOCADO RANCH DRESSING INGREDIENTS
Avocados- This recipe requires two medium avocados. Make sure they are ripe to get the best results!
Buttermilk- Buttermilk in itself is low-fat, so it doesn’t matter whether you select 1% or 2%.
Mayo- If you are trying to cut calories from your dressing, you can definitely substitute regular for low-fat mayonnaise
Sour Cream- This ranch dressing is already pretty low in calories as far as creamy dressings are concerned, but if you were looking for more ways to cut calories you can start here. Feel free to use a low-fat sour cream or even substitute sour cream entirely with low-fat plain Greek Yogurt.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO RANCH DRESSING
Get out your blender and get ready to throw everything in! It’s that easy!
- Add the avocado, buttermilk, mayo, sour cream, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, and lime juice into the blender or food processor. Puree the ingredients.
- Pour the pureed dressing into a mason jar.
- Next, add the chopped parsley and chives. Seal the lid and shake the jar to combine the ingredients.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Finally, place the dressing in the fridge sealed airtight until ready to serve.
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN AVOCADO RANCH DRESSING?
Compared to some salad dressings on the market, this Avocado Ranch Dressing recipe is low in calories. Leading brands, like Hidden Valley’s Avocado Ranch, come in at 180 calories for a 1/4 cup while this recipe is only 128 calories for a 1/4 cup of dressing. With numbers like that you can afford to add a little more pizzazz to your salad.
TRY THESE OTHER AVOCADO RECIPES
- Easy Bacon and Avocado Pasta Salad
- Garden Fresh Guacamole
- Avocado Mango Rice
- Mini Bean Dip Cups
- Avocado Fries
- More SIDE DISH recipes…
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS AVOCADO LIME RANCH DRESSING
Mason Jars: These jars not only serve their purpose in regards to storage. They score extra points on the presentation too!
*This post originally posted on 05/25/2015.
- 2 medium avocados peeled and pit removed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- Add the avocado, buttermilk, mayo, vinegar, sour cream, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Cover and puree until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour dressing into a mason jar.
- Add the parsley and chives to the jar. Cover and shake to combine.
- Taste the dressing and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.