Our SPIKED HIBISCUS LEMONADE is simple, delicious, and absolutely gorgeous! Everything I love when serving a cocktail to guests!
Spring is almost here and I’m craving my favorite seasonal flavors. Lemon, blueberry, and hibiscus! If you’ve never had hibiscus, it’s delicious! The flowers secrete the most gorgeous pink color and they have a tangy, tart flavor. I’ve used them a few times in desserts, like my Bacon & Hibiscus Shortbread Cookies, but my favorite way to use them is in cocktails!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
The hibiscus flowers turn any drink into the most gorgeous pink drink you’ve ever seen! Never mind that baby pink liqueur you saw at the store. This drink is colored naturally and is a total show stopper. I love drinking this lemonade cocktail all spring and summer long. It’s great for girl’s night too!
Now, this recipe call for simple syrup, that’s totally optional and really depends on your taste and how sweet your lemonade is. I generally prefer my lemonade on the tart side, but like this cocktail a little sweeter…hence the simple syrup. You can add a little at a time until you find your cocktail is just the way you like it. If you want to make this drink for a crowd, you’ll want to quadruple the recipe, mix it up in a pitcher, and then pour over ice when ready. You won’t get the cool layered effect, but all the flavor will be there. The pitcher version makes 8 cocktails.
- 6 or 7 dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 1/2 ounces good vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup if you like your cocktails sweeter
- Lemonade homemade or store-bought
- Place the hibiscus flowers into the hot water. Use a spoon to submerge the flowers and let them steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to help release the pigment and flavor.
- Use your spoon to remove the flowers from the water, reserving two flowers for garnish.
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice. Place a flower on top of each glass.
- Pour 1 1/4 ounces of vodka and 3/4 ounce simple syrup into each glass. Fill almost to the top with lemonade.
- Pour the hibiscus tea over the ice and let it bleed into the cocktail.
- Serve as is, or give the cocktail a quick stir to distribute the tea.
Hungry for more?
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!