I am addicted to rice krispies treats! Seriously, I’m on a quest to find the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe out there and on my journey I came up with these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats.
What I love about this method of adding a packet of jello mix to the marshmallows is that the possibilities are endless. Don’t ya think…I can’t wait to try all sorts of new flavor combos now!
With the addition of some chocolate chips and a little drizzle of melted chocolate all over the top….these treats were a hit with the group of 11 year olds and their parents. I don’t a single treat made it home!
Another kid favorite are my S’More’s Rice Krispies Treats…you definitely don’t want to miss those!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dessert pin board!
- 4 tbls butter
- 10 oz 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 4oz package strawberry jello
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 tbls shortening
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in jello powder. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Let cool 5 minutes and mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking. Gently press your treats into a rimmed baking sheet.
- While treats cool, melt remaining chocolate chips with shortening for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and melted. Heat in 15 second bursts if needed for a creamy consistency. Drizzle over cooled strawberry krispies treats
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!