I am addicted to rice krispies treats! Seriously, I’m on a quest to find the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe out there and on my journey I came up with these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats.
What I love about this method of adding a packet of jello mix to the marshmallows is that the possibilities are endless. Don’t ya think? I can’t wait to try all sorts of new flavor combos now!
With the addition of some chocolate chips and a little drizzle of melted chocolate all over the top….these treats were a hit with the group of 11-year-olds and their parents. I don’t a single treat made it home!
Another kid favorite is my S’More’s Rice Krispies Treats… you definitely don’t want to miss those!
- 4 tbls butter
- 10 oz 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 4oz package strawberry jello
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 tbls shortening
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in jello powder. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Let cool 5 minutes and mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking. Gently press your treats into a rimmed baking sheet.
- While treats cool, melt remaining chocolate chips with shortening for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and melted. Heat in 15 second bursts if needed for a creamy consistency. Drizzle over cooled strawberry krispies treats